It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2004, 02:05 AM   #1

quiver HB User
Social Phobia Meds. MAOI Nardil

I have severe social phobia and anxiety. In the past I have tried Paxil, and CBT. Neither helped at all. I found some info on a drug called Nardil (pheneizine) which is supposed to be very effective for SP and anxiety. Has anyone ever tried this or know anything about it ? Or maybe you can let me know what has worked for you. I have an appointment next week with my doctor and will definately mention it. Thank you !!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2004, 09:00 AM   #2

donnauk HB User
Re: Social Phobia Meds. MAOI Nardil

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiver
I have severe social phobia and anxiety. In the past I have tried Paxil, and CBT. Neither helped at all. I found some info on a drug called Nardil (pheneizine) which is supposed to be very effective for SP and anxiety. Has anyone ever tried this or know anything about it ? Or maybe you can let me know what has worked for you. I have an appointment next week with my doctor and will definately mention it. Thank you !!!

I aint advertising any websites, but i get better attention and more insight from other users on medications at dr-bobs website.. they discuss every med out there ask for ace, he is an maoi expert !! see you there !! :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2004, 11:23 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Social Phobia Meds. MAOI Nardil

nardil is an old antidepressant and very risky, IMO, as the cheese effect can kill you
there are lots more modern antidepressants of different types to try first, for example effexor or mirtazepine, often several antidepressants need to be tried before finding 1 that works for you, also get some valium type meds, they always work for everyone

continue with the CBT, it can take time so be patient

Closed Thread