It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2004, 10:55 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User
phobias...something ive noticed on this board

i have been reading some past, very old postings on this board as well as new and something that ive noticed is that us sufferers seem to have ALOT of phobias. I am not sure if this is something that has been discussed here or not as to why but even when i read what people obssess about alot of it is phobias more than anything and i dont mean just germs and washing hands! i mean we seem to have unrelated obssession phobias im not sure why that is but i myself have an enormous amount of phobias and i dwell on them and obsess over them which makes them worse and also makes my brain invent new phobias cause its constantly thinking all the time. these are also realistic phobias that happen daily to people that they must face but im not able too.im not sure what my point is to this new thread i just find it funny how many of us listed phobias as obssessions we have....

Old 05-16-2004, 09:35 AM   #2
(female)

why_did_you HB User
Re: phobias...something ive noticed on this board

I guess it's a fine line between what is a phobia or an obsession. I guess what I have could be listed as a phobia, only it seems to be something more than that from how I've reacted to certain things, etc, which leads me to class it as an obsession.

Sorry, I doubt that will make any sense to you.

Anyway, OCD includes many phobias- to take the steriotypical OCD, when you are scared if you don't wash your hands, that is a phobia, so you therefore overly wash them.

Phobias can be obsessions though.

I think I've confused myself. Lost my train of thought now.

Oh well.

Take care xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2004, 12:00 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User
Re: phobias...something ive noticed on this board

i completely understand what u mean!! trust me im there right now i think the phobias i mean are like dentists, heights just alot of common phobias that we have turned into so much more. i dont mean "silly" phobias ei washing our hands to kill germs when there should be no reason for us to have to wash our hands as frequently as its more of a paranoia...hope that makes sense ive just noticed a lot things seem to go hand in hand with ocd.

Closed Thread