It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2004, 03:37 PM   #1
Veteran

bluetooth HB User
Phobia

I am so scared of spiders, i dont know what it is but they really scare me

i have one in my room right now and its body is huge and im trying to face my fear sitting here and giving myself pros and cons about spiders but its not working!!!

wish i could over come this fear. im so frightened lol

any advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2004, 03:47 PM   #2

Marty286 HB User
Re: Phobia

Just think... "Whats the worst that can happen" I think its brave of you to try and overcome it, I personally aren't really bothered by them but my girlfriend is terrified of spiders and moths... which is odd since she has 2 lizards... and feeds them crickets! You're probably making it seem bigger than it is What is the worst that can happen? They dont bite unless they are really really big! Good luck!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2004, 04:16 PM   #3
Veteran

bluetooth HB User

the thing is, i just see it and its legs and the whole body it just looks i dont know scary. i mean humans are so much bigger and i know spiders dont do any harm unless they are larger than your common average house spider but i just freak

im a firm believer in conquering your fears and if you want to do something you have to do it yourself.
when i get the courage one day i might be able to go near it, i was scared of wasps a while back they dont seem as bad any more.

right now though im quivering with sweat turning cold and fear running through me. i wonder if i could be hypnotised for this kinda thing?

Old 09-07-2004, 01:20 AM   #4

DarkHelmet HB User

Not hypnotised, but you can be paralyzed with fear. I happen to be deathly scared of small spiders, but big ones don't bother me. I remember as a small child being bitten by a black widow, and I nearly died. But I'm attempting to overcome it. I killed several spiders, and after basking in the death of my fellow creatures (mwahahaha) I've overcome it.

JM

Old 09-07-2004, 03:37 AM   #5

Marty286 HB User

Well I didn't want to sound like a spider killer but i guess killing them is a good idea to get over it... At least that way you'll let the spider know whos boss!

Old 09-07-2004, 06:52 AM   #6
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetooth
I am so scared of spiders, i dont know what it is but they really scare me

i have one in my room right now and its body is huge and im trying to face my fear sitting here and giving myself pros and cons about spiders but its not working!!!

wish i could over come this fear. im so frightened lol

any advice?

Gain confidence and kill it...It may rain but at least you got the power to kill it and not run away.

Old 09-15-2004, 12:25 AM   #7
Inactive

lifter123 HB User

Hey just remind yourself that its just a little bug...sure it could harm you but whats the worst that could happen...there are few deadly spiders. Me i just had a black widow in my room the other night. I have had a 8" (head to tail) scorpion right next to my head when i was in bed. I have had a vinageroon/sunspider with me in my bed. I live in the desert so this sort of thing is common. I am just scared to death when one is on me! when one is on the wall i just smack it...although sometimes i have to get worked up...sometimes i torture the things...just gives me some sort of satisfaction; anyone else like that?

Closed Thread