It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2004, 03:18 PM   #1
(male)

CoolWaterz HB User
OCD or Phobia???

Hello,
I was diagnosed with telogen effluvium a few months ago brought on by intense stress and anxiety...its a hair condition which causes hair shedding.
Well it seems now that I cannot think about anything else but hair. I constantly stare at other guys to observe their hair lines and see how their hair looks.
When I am out with my friends I cant enjoy myself because all i am able to think about is my hair and lately it has become impossible to get out of thinking about this..I constantly am obsessesed with looking in the mirror and making sure my hair is growing back. Everyday I keep checking it to make sure its growing back in fuller, and when I notice a few weeks later it is growing back fuller I get an intense fear that leads to anxiety at night. Im afraid that if I stop doing whatever I am doing, I will get this condition again and my hair will fall out.

I am petrified of losing my hair..so much so that it has taken control over every aspect of my life..I know i dont have male pattern baldness but i still have this intense intense fear of premature hair loss..i used to be afraid of bald men and unable to look at them without getting a knot in my stomach.

Is this OCD or a phobia?

Old 09-15-2004, 08:06 PM   #2
(male)

kingam HB User
Re: OCD or Phobia???

OCD manifests itself in something you fear... where it becomes OCD is the inability to let it go... you may have some purely obsessional OCD (like i have)... basically i just cant NOT think of something once i get rolling...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread