It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2005, 11:06 AM   #1
(female)

HarajukuGurl2005 HB User
My Cigerette Phobia

Im very allergic to cigerettes, and it becomes very hard to breathe as a result of ppl puffing away. Bars and Clubs are out for me. But I was wondering if I will persist with the same allergic symptoms if the bar or club is outdoors. Does smoking outdoors tend to be thined out by the air? Or is it just as bad? it sucks not having a normal life.

Old 06-18-2005, 11:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: My Cigerette Phobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabigfatbalh
Im very allergic to cigerettes, and it becomes very hard to breathe as a result of ppl puffing away. Bars and Clubs are out for me. But I was wondering if I will persist with the same allergic symptoms if the bar or club is outdoors. Does smoking outdoors tend to be thined out by the air? Or is it just as bad? it sucks not having a normal life.
It depends upon how sensitive you are to some of the hundred or so chemicals in cigarette smoke. In my case, the smoke in someone's clothing or hair, hours after they have stopped smoking, can cause me breathing problems.

When you walk up to someone outdoors, who is smoking, does it bother you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2005, 12:08 PM   #3
(female)

HarajukuGurl2005 HB User
Re: My Cigerette Phobia

as soon as i can smell it i freak out. ill hold my breath or relocate. the scent of a whiff stinks so badly that i wont stay near that person.

the thing is, my phobia is actually keeping me from figuring out if just being outdoors around smokers will make me sick. im just wondering if the air will blow it away before it has the chance to make me ill.

ive avoided indoor smoke for a good yr now, even in restaurants, (hopefully MD will pass that bill). im hoping that the more i avoid it, the less of a reaction i will have IF i ever have to be around it.

since i have avoided it at all costs, i find that it stinks worse than ever! i cant help but to make a face or roll up my window if someone next to me is puffing away.

Closed Thread