It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2005, 05:54 PM   #1
(male)

KingofWizardry HB User
The Best Medication for Social Phobia???

Hi,

I have social phobia and am currently in therapy for it. I have tried a number of medications as well. First, I was on Paxil CR and Paxil. The Paxil CR made me a social butterfly, but I had to go off because I couldn't sleep and the terrible nausea. I have also tried Lexapro 10 mg...but it didn't do much for me.

I am currently on Zoloft 25 mg (a very low dosage because I am sensitive to meds) and have been on it for 11 days. However, I don't feel that much better. I don't feel like socializing with others...and I have a lack of motivation to do things. Should I ask the dr. to go higher on the dosage or will I feel more like I have been feeling?

Also, what meds have worked for you guys for social anxiety? Please let me know. Prozac, Effexor XR????

Thanks,

KingofWizardry

Old 06-24-2005, 06:03 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Paxilhead HB User
Re: The Best Medication for Social Phobia???

Paxil's the best.........Go back on it.........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2005, 08:44 PM   #3
(female)

wondering1979 HB User

I agree paxils the best. im on 50mgs. im a new person. you have to give it about 2 weeks to get in your system

Old 06-26-2005, 12:09 PM   #4
(male)

KingofWizardry HB User

Are you guys on Paxil CR or regular Paxil? I heard Paxil CR was taken off the market for some reason? And how has Paxil been workin for your social phobia???

Thanks,

King of Wizardry

Old 06-26-2005, 02:26 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

paxil takes 2 to 6 weeks
to wizARDRY,hope the zoloft works, if it doesnt, it lexapro and paxil are all the same type of antidepressant, prozac or SSRI type

its helpful to eventually try some other type of antidepressant if the 1 type isnt helping but sadly many docs dont think of this
effexor is another type, a SNRI

Old 06-27-2005, 06:29 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Paxilhead HB User

Quote:
Are you guys on Paxil CR or regular Paxil? I heard Paxil CR was taken off the market for some reason? And how has Paxil been workin for your social phobia???
The CR was pulled temporarily for MFG problems, no big deal. There really isn't much difference between the 2 anyway.......

Old 07-02-2005, 01:32 PM   #7
(male)

KingofWizardry HB User

What's up guys!

I'm on day 19 of my zoloft treatment. Today was the first day I went from 25 mg to 50 mg. My mood has gotten slightly better, but I haven't seen a great deal of improvement in my social anxiety as of yet. Will this take a couple of more weeks?

Anyone else have success with zoloft in overcoming social anxiety?

I also notice that I don't worry about things as much and people's negative comments don't affect me as bad.

Hopefully this stuff will kick in soon????

King of Wizardry

Last edited by KingofWizardry; 07-02-2005 at 01:34 PM.

Old 07-07-2005, 03:47 PM   #8
(female)

littlemiracle HB User

Hi- I also have social anxiety and I hate it! I'm kinda new to this, well have been for about 2 1/2 yrs, it still feels new i guess. Anyway my main problem is that I'm the queen of blushing, i blush if you just look at me. So after like a year of nothing, i started taking zoloft, and it worked great, now not so great. I've been on it for almost 2 yrs now, and i've tried going off it many times but every time i do i feel that my body needs it more than before, i guess maybe i'm hooked. i don't know but it's really sad. anyway, it does work but not 100% and i'm on 25mg which i think is a low dose, i think i need 50 mg, but i'm trying to get pregnant so i don't wanta take more for now. good luck and if you do find something that works please post and let us know.

Closed Thread