It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2005, 01:58 PM   #1
(female)

sahaira HB User
My Phobia is out of Control!!!

ok.. so this is I guess to vent. I have this HUGE phobia of going into anaphylactic shock. It is getting to the point where I dont even want to eat food anymore b/c I think I will have an allergy from food! I have never had an allergy to food - only wool. I have some minor medication allergies(pretty bad one to Cipro but..) It is driving me insane that I am constantly worried about everything I eat. What can I do? I eat but not very healthy. I can't eat anything raw because I am afraid of Oral Allergy Syndrome and I can't eat nuts, fish, shellfish, or anything similar b/c of the allergy's. I think it will all lead to Anaphylactic shock. I take xanax twice a day and go to a psychologist. What else can I do? My world is getting smaller b/c of stupid phobias which I know are completely irrational. I miss fruit and vegetables and fish but everytime I eat them I am afraid I will die!

Sorry for the venting...

Old 08-31-2005, 04:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User
Re: My Phobia is out of Control!!!

Maybe if you carried an EpiPen (epinephrine) with you, it would ease your mind about eating because you would have the antidote right there if you needed it. Just a thought. I'm sorry you are going through this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2005, 12:31 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

to saharia
if it gets really bad you could eat your food near the hospital, perhaps in the carpark or even in the waiting room

Old 09-04-2005, 10:53 PM   #4
(female)

sahaira HB User

Thanks guys, I am going to the allergist on tuesday just to confirm my walnut allergy and see what happens. I am so tired of phobias!! My crazy psychologist says I have some syndrome called somatoform disorder?? Anyone know about this? It doesnt sound like me bc I am not in constant pain nor do I threaten to kill myself for attention. Just wondering if you guys know anything about it. I have started carrying benadryl too. Thanks again for your input!

Closed Thread