It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2005, 08:41 PM   #1

Atthis HB User
social phobia

Hi, I'm 17 and I have social phobia. Have also had various struggles with depression; am going through a tough time right now. Luckily I have a good psychiatrist.

Does anyone else here have this particular personality disorder? Please share! Although maybe, if you're like me, you're scared to post because you might say the wrong thing and then spend hours fretting and regretting it, editing, editing again, etc. This post in fact will probably be edited multiple times later on. I'll try to resist, though.

Anyway, see ya round. Just looking for someone to talk to. Tired.
-Atthis

Old 10-24-2005, 09:55 PM   #2
(female)

Nakita HB User
Re: social phobia

I personally don't have social phobia, but my sister in law does. She can't make phone calls to utility companies to ask a question, she can't go shopping alone. She's getting better though, because she's forced to leave her house now that her son has cancer. She was really scared and almost immoble the first day at the hospital, but each time is a little easier for her.

I hope someone with this disorder can answer your questions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2005, 12:06 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

kayla21 HB User

i think i might have the same disorder as you. im depressed and have problems talking to people....shoot im having problems just writing this. i get myslef so nervous when im around people and can never think of the right thing to say without sounding dumb. ive been feeling really fake lately...like when people talk to me, my tone of voice changes and i never have anything to say. also ive been comparing myself to just about anyone i come across...which is just making me feel like more crap....what to do? what to do?

Old 12-08-2005, 09:13 AM   #4
(female)

FaymeLevy HB User

I've had social phobia for 8 1/2 years. Glad to hear you have a good psychiatrist that you are working with. I stopped seeing mine 2 years into the phobia and it's been downhill since. So please do keep it up.

Closed Thread