It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2005, 12:42 PM   #1
(male)

Rogerwilco HB User
1*Year Old With Social Anxiety and Agoraphobia! Help Please!

I just quit taking a herbal medicine called Amoryn yesterday and I have to wait two weeks before taking any prescribed medicine. Cause the herbal medicine 5-HTP doesnt suppose to be combined with Ssri's like Zoloft or you can get some reaction and get seretoinin syndrome. Im going to see a doctor very soon to get some real medicine cause my Social Anxiety and Agoraphobia are sky high and killing me. I really need help guys, I'm only 1* years old and I want to know the best medications for my age. Can you tell me to pros and cons of curtain medications. Like I hear Prozac works good but very addictive.
{REMOVED}
If you have spare time I would please like to know about withdraw effects and stuff like cold turkey... tell me all about things that happen when taking the medications and stuff. Thanks,

Last edited by ms_mod; 11-27-2005 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Don't post survery/poll type questions, let everyone answer in their own way. Ms_Mod

Old 11-02-2005, 01:05 PM   #2
(male)

Rogerwilco HB User
Re: 15 Year Old With Social Anxiety and Agoraphobia! Help Please!

Since im only 1* years old what kind of doctor do i see a pedatrician or something or just regular doctor?

Last edited by ms_mod; 11-27-2005 at 01:12 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2005, 01:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

hi roger
prozac isnt addictive and it and other antidepressant meds are often helpful, I dont know the current ideas of prescribing them to someone of your age

any valium type med, taken as needed always helps but some docs refuse to prescribe them, thinking them addictive for everyone, but anxiety sufferers are usually much too sensible to get addicted
its not easy to be 15, things are changing quickly, if you are at school is there a school counsellor you can see?
gentle exercise and long walks are very relaxing and will help with your problems a lot

Old 11-02-2005, 02:15 PM   #4
(male)

Rogerwilco HB User

Matter fact I just signed up fofr Bally Total Fitness earlier this week and everytime i exercise I feel really good about my self like skyhigh. But after a good hour or so my anxiety comes back, so I really want to start taking Zoloft or something and combine it with exercise.

Old 11-02-2005, 02:19 PM   #5
(male)

Rogerwilco HB User

Errr.. I know that im young I shouldnt be taking medications. But, my anxiety is extremly bad and im fully aware of whats happening.

Old 11-02-2005, 07:05 PM   #6
(female)

ajas HB User

Hi

You need to go to your family doctor and I would think you would need to have a parent with you, as I am fairly certain that as you are a minor, you will not be prescribe anything unless you had a parent to approve it.
Are you learning about breathing techniques, relaxation etc,& keep up with the exercise as well,
Everyone has different experience's, I take valium when needed, however I recommend that you have a long talk to your doctor and get some therapy happening as well. Medicine is extremely helpful, but learning to control your feelings is the best in the long run.
keep in touch and best wishes
Sue

Old 11-02-2005, 09:31 PM   #7
(male)

Rogerwilco HB User

Which medications are you guys taking?

Old 11-03-2005, 07:56 PM   #8
(female)

ajas HB User

I never remember my a/d name dioxapan? ( anten 20) something like that, its very gentle no side effects for me,( perhaps memory loss, Haha ) but makes me feel more at peace, and valium ONLY when needed.Thats the key to valium type drugs, ONLY when needed. Are your parents going with you?
Sue

Old 11-04-2005, 08:29 AM   #9
(female)

Kime HB User

Well, you might want to get some hexanicotinate ( a non flush form of niacin that also has inositol in it, which is also good for anxiety) and vitamin C. This works great for my nephew with social anxiety and panic. He was 18 when he started taking it and even his friends could tell by the way he was acting when he forgot to take them.

If you want to try it, take enough hexanicotinate to give 1 gram of niacin, which will probably be 4 capsules, plus 2-3 grams of vitamin C. Take them 3 times a day for 3 days. It may work the first day, but hexanicotinate takes 3 days for the niacin level to peak, so you should try 3 days. If you get loose stools then lower the dose of C, but most people can take 2-3 grams with no problems. It works a lot better if you take the vitamin C, so don't leave it out.

If it works for you then you might be able to lower the dose to 500mg.

You can get hexanicotinate at any health food store.

Last edited by Kime; 11-04-2005 at 08:32 AM.

Old 05-16-2006, 06:06 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User
Re: 1*Year Old With Social Anxiety and Agoraphobia! Help Please!

hi i have really bad social phobia and celexa has helped tremedously, i dont feel like a zombie and it works great i would stay at home for weeks before celexa.

Closed Thread