It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2006, 05:03 PM   #1
(female)

zenscarlet HB User
Anxiety disorder now agoraphobia

Iv just figured out that what started as a few panic attacks has sliped into agoraphobia over the last 2 years. I feel overwhelmed and dumpfounded that no professionals picked up on this, especially given that i fit the mould for suceptability and symtoms like cinderalla's shoe!!!! Seems simple enough to desensitise and initially i felt such huge relief but now i feel really depressed and angry. Has anyone else had to deal with this tricky lifestyle prison?

Old 07-10-2006, 09:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: Anxiety disorder now agoraphobia

It is pretty common in the anxiety world, mine tends to go in cycles somedays I don't want to go anywhere where there might be people to the next day where I can handle Walmart. Chances are you have had it longer than you think

trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2006, 08:28 AM   #3
(female)

kricky422 HB User
Re: Anxiety disorder now agoraphobia

Many people with anxiety has some degree of agoraphobia. There is usually a "safe place" where they feel better. And when the attacks happen often and there is a chronic fear that it will happen again, the person wants to stay where they feel safe so that it will not happen. It makes sense, it is human nature to protect yourself from pain.
I have it to a degree, sometimes it is worse than other times. But what I do is to make small steps toward a bigger goal. Take it one step at a time and one day at a time and you will see some progress.

Closed Thread