It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2006, 04:14 AM   #1
(male)

lfcc HB User
photophobia followed by cloudy vision?

This has happened 2 times before, all in the last year or so. In the past, I've had nearly intolerable photophobia in one eye, from what I suspect is eyestrain and/or corneal abrasion. One time was after a very long session of driving (roadtrip, 3-4 hours at a time over 30 hours), and another was after a longer-than-normal computer session.

In both cases I had no pain or photophobia the folowing day, but my vision was cloudy out of my right eye (maybe the left after driving, don't remember). This persisted for up to 2 days, and then was completely fine. During this time, I did not wear my contacts.

This time seems to be a little different. I fell asleep for about 4 hours during the afternoon with my contacts in. Later in the eventing my right eye became irritated and photophobic and got worse as I was watching tv. A fan was blowing towards me from across the room and at the time I figured allergens were causing it. Eventually I had to leave the room, and as soon as I did I felt better (but not 100%). I had a difficult time sleeping due to constant tearing, and when I woke up I again had cloudy vision.

ONe thing I find really strange is in all 3 cases, the weather was abnormally humid (I live in Denver), and the cloudiness temporarily gets worse while I shower

Some things worth mentioning:
I have Keratoconus
I wear RGP's
I take Wellbutrin (earlier thread about anti-depressants and dry eyes)

My cornea as far as I can tell looks clear each time - this time I really looked hard into a magnifying mirror and *think* I saw a bit of white scarring under the surface of the cornea, but I can't be sure - especially as I'm feeling like a hypochondriac right now, thinking I have every eye condition I read on the web

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm worried that this might be a sign of something serious, but I have no insurance after losing my job last year. I'm now self-employed and making ends meet is hard enough, let alone an unexpected costly trip to the eye doctor. My vision is more important than my pocketbook of course and I'll see him if necessary, but Id like to postpone it for now if I can.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm going on a long-weekend vcamping trip tomorrow night and want to relay as much as I can since I won't be near a computer for a few days.

thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2006, 02:25 PM   #2
(male)

lfcc HB User
Re: photophobia followed by cloudy vision?

not that anybody's reading this, judging from the 14 views, but I went to the eye doctor and found that my keratoconus has progressed rapidly in the one eye and it's surgery time. The cloudy vision is caused by swelling in the eye due to a burst cyst (of which I have about 30-40 more). The humidity causes the swelling to get worse while dry conditions ease it. The doc gave me Ophthalmic sodium chloride drops (Muro 128 5%) to suck out some of the moisture and prevent more cysts from bursting. This couldn't happen at a better time

Closed Thread