It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2007, 05:30 PM   #1
(female)

Kipper3972 HB User
Thumbs down Sick phobia

I have had a phobia of being sick for a while and it gets me down. I can relive all the moments in my life that I have vomited and the whole picture of being sick makes me so anxious! I dont go out because I fear I will be sick if I do and I avoid people coming over incase I am sick when they are there or they give me a bug. does anyone have advice on how to cope with this horrible phobia?
xoxox

Old 04-10-2007, 05:53 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

firenice HB User
Re: Sick phobia

The mind can do horrible things with the "what if" self talk. On the other hand, it can also do wonderful things with "what if." So, I guess the question is how often is the "what if" negative vs. positive and can you then begin to decrease the negatives and increase the positive "what ifs." What if you went out and didn't get sick? How many times have you gone out and not gotten sick vs. times you did get sick? What if you don't catch a bug from someone coming over? What if you don't get anxious? What might you lose from not being anxious? Is there some kind of benefit in being anxious? What if you become really free from anxiety? What would that feel like? What if you could feel that way now? What if you could feel that way tomorrow? And the next day? and the next? What if it only gets better? What if.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2007, 08:42 AM   #3
(female)

jessicataylor HB User
Re: Sick phobia

OMG I have the exact same problem, I have got to go on a business trip for a week and I am dreading it. . . . I am soooo woried that I might get sick on the plane. . . . . that I might get sick at a meeting. . . that I might get sick in the shuttle. . . .. . . I feel your pain I am just going to wear a motion sickness patch the whole week and take some xanax for the plane but I am still dreading it what if!!!!!!! I hate being out of control

Closed Thread