It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2007, 12:15 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User
Red face suffering from panic disorder and agraphobia what are your exsprences?

hi i just wanted to post and tell whats going on with me iam suffering from panic disorder and agraphobia ,have any of you ever fell down if you leave your house i do everytime i leave if i go to the store with hubby i sit in the car but when we get home and i go to get out of the car i fall down and start having a panic attack ,today i went to hospital to have the 48 hr heart holter taken off and i wanted to try to walk in there without a wheelchair well i couldnt i fell down again i have no control i dont feel them coming i just fall im a little confused though because i had my first attack back in feb 06 then was put on xanax after about 3 mos i was able to get out and go places and do things then in sept 06 i started having the falling spells when i had my first panic attack i never fell down at all but in sept 06 in my drs front office i fell then dec 06 i fell 3 times then in jan 07 i found out i was hypo thyrold my tsh level was 8.45 started my meds but was still having the falling spells but not like iam now ok in april 07 is when the falls became more and more frequently when i go to drs i have to use a wheelchair i even fall sometimes in my own house and i allways thought agraphobia was a fear of leaving your house if so why do i fall at home? have any of you ever had falls from any of this im starting to get scared and its so bad i cant drive my poor hubby has to take time off work in order to take me to the drs also i get very dizzy and i have horrible headaches that just wont go away,any advice here would be so helpfull as iam getting very scared ,now as a small child i use to this very same thing at age 4 till about 10 then they stopped but according to my mom i passed out completely for like 5 mins she said id be playing or if i got hurt id just passout so can anyone on the boards tell me anything about this can severe panic cause this or could this be maybe a seizure or something else also sometimes when i fall i dont cry or nothing i just lay there but sometimes i start crying any help would be so kind as im getting more scared each time this happens i know my dr a new one hes internal is running tests he did the 48 hr holter he hasnt got the results back yet as i just had it off today then he said hed run more tests something has to give i cant go through life falling .oh and i take xanax can xanax cause the panic attacks i know they say it calms you and it does but why am i still falling can the xanax be my trouble my sister takes them but she dont fall or could it be my thyrolds?
thanks so much hope to hear from someone about this ..............vickie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2007, 09:03 PM   #2
(male)

ShakesMcThyroid HB User
Re: suffering from panic disorder and agraphobia what are your exsprences?

Hypothyroidism can cause anxiety/panic disorder. I'm sure high levels of panic can produce falling, but that's more frequent with a vestibular disorder. Have you had your ears checked?

Also, if you take too much Xanax, it can cause you to stumble about. It is a muscle relaxant/tranquilizer. If this is the cause, your psychiatrist may suggest going on an SSRI and take less Xanax. That's what I do.

And as far as hypothyroidism causing falling, I've never heard of that. I have Graves' Disease (hyperthyroidism) and have recently had radioactive treatment, making me hypo and I haven't had that symptom. But hormones affect everyone differently.

Good luck. Hope you get to feeling stable.

Shakes

Old 07-20-2007, 09:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

how much is too much of xanax? im now blackingout would xanax do this i take 1 mg xanax 3 times day every 8 hrs in between i tried to walk last night cause i was upset and got 2 blocks down the street and blackedout so could it be panic or possibly my b/p or maybe a seizure and i cant take anti d's none ever helped me and as for xanax how can you come off them to avoild w/d's i blackout last night so back for 10 mins but been doing this like 4-5 times a week and the police came and i couldnt talk or move i just laid there my speech was slured i couldnt remeber my name or nothing so is this panic or maybe a seizure been fainting since april 06 but not anything like iam now and i was taking xanax same as iam now so any ideas???
thanks

Old 07-21-2007, 04:32 PM   #4
(male)

ShakesMcThyroid HB User

Hey, vickie:

I am not a doctor, so I can't tell you how much Xanax is too much. Three mg's a day is a moderate amount, but how much you can take is relative to your height and weight.

My concern for you is that you're blacking out. Coupled with the fact that you couldn't remember your name points to a neurological problem. Slurred speech and temporary memory loss are symptoms of a seizure or stroke. I would highly recommend going to a neurologist where they can do an MRI or CT-scan and EEG, if you already haven't.

Please let us know how you're doing when you find something out.

Shakes

Old 08-05-2007, 06:04 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

hopesprings2 HB User

I would rule out any heart problems or any heath problems before i desided it was panic.i had heart problems they blamed on panic years ago.now i have both

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-05-2007 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 08-06-2007, 03:57 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

hi everyone well my panic turned out to be seizures i still mneed the xanax for the anxiety my heart is fine i've had so many heart test done i cant count i went to nero dr and he says its seizures i got the horrible headaches (migrane) and he put me on this med for them but its been 7 days and so far no relife ,so im calling today to have him call me in something else for the headaches i also suffer from passingout and i called a mental place and they told me panic dont cause you to do that so im going to a hospital who specializes in seizures on aug 27th i will be there 3 days so all along its been seizures and my old gp and the mental ward told me i had panic and agroaphobia which i dont have for 1 im not scared to leave and i passout in my own home even sitting on the couch i will end up with a seizure ,and as for the xanax i dont take near as many as i use too i can go sometimes 12 hrs later before i need another one i do have the anxiety but not as much so all this time i was told it was severe panic when its been seizures all along i now will get better i do passout have any of you ever passed out from panic???
vickie

Old 08-06-2007, 06:40 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User

I have never passed out from panic.

I was diagnosed with seizures as well just recently.

See you on the Ep. board!

Old 08-06-2007, 07:44 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

hopesprings2 HB User

i dont think you will pass out might feel like it oe get dizzy.

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-06-2007 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 08-06-2007, 10:01 AM   #9
(male)

ShakesMcThyroid HB User

The good news is you're finally getting the right answers. I don't know much about seizures except many forms of it is extremely treatable.

Here's to your health.

Shakes

Old 08-06-2007, 11:21 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

hopesprings2 HB User

I Think You Will Get Well As Soon As They Get The Seizsers Under Control.

Old 08-13-2007, 05:17 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

hi all its been a while since i posted here but yes it was seizures but wasnt from the panic ,it was due from the thyrold hormone pills i was taking for 8 long mos it was from levothyroxine,synthyrold and then levoxyl but it states in the pamplet it can cause seizures,fainting and passingout but i didnt read it till after if i had read it sooner i would have know my endo dont believe it but today is day 8 off the meds and i have not had 1 passingout nor seizyre or any type of fall i even walked into the endo's office without falling and to a little store and the on sunday me and my family went to kmart and i havent fell since coming off the meds i do need some meds but i called and told her i cant take anything that has the same stuff in it as levothyroxine,synthyrold or levoxyl they are suppose to call me today cause i really need some type of meds i just hope the new ones dont cause me the same side effects 8 long mos i suffered with this and was told i had panic i do have extreme anxity but if the thyrold is out of whack you will get panic /anxiety .my last tsh was 6.42 but i stopped them for 8 days so far but i had too i was having too many side effects ,chest pains,excessive sweaty,extreme nervousiness,horrible headaches ,couldnt eat for 1 week no appetite,no sleep well i slept but not for long id wake after 5-6 hrs .....yes drs can make mistakes but if they had checked out that the meds could cause akll this i wouldnt have suffered so long .i feel good except i really need my meds only something different.
vickie

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-13-2007 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Note edit to your post. Discussions of thyroid problems or the medications to treat them should be posted on Thyroid board

Old 08-23-2007, 06:20 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

Hey I have a history of passing out occasionally (every several yrs).I feel extremly bad when id re gain my consciousness.Like I was dying with all the physical symptoms.Anyway,I have always been told its probably due to anxiety/stress.I really have never fully believed that.I am glad it does'nt happen very often because just the thought of it happening makes me cringe its an awful experiance.I have always suspected seizures but I have had tons of tests done through the yrs from many different doctors.From neurological testing to blood to heart ive probably had it all or close.All normal except for one holter monitor showed some PVC's which were said to be no worry.So mostly I'd leave a doctors office or the ER with the same ole tune "anxiety/stress." So of course through the years I have focused on helping the anxiety problem which after being on meds and off meds I have been doing pretty well with just positive thinking and such for yrs now.I have my days but not bad.Hopefully I will never pass out again or whatever those things are because no doctor could find anything.......The first time I passed out was 14 years ago...loooong time ago and never found nothing...its a mystery

Last edited by tnmomofive; 08-23-2007 at 06:21 AM.

Closed Thread