It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2007, 12:35 AM   #1
(male)

terry67 HB User
eyes tracers -photophobia-anxiety

I have photophobia all the time and some blurry vision some of the time now this is acompanied with extreme anxiety ., panic attacks racing heart, sweaty hands, cold sweat, anxiety is constant and never go's away but it's as if im living in a dream state ,if i move my hand i will see a tracer or another hand move right behind it, fast but i still see it. I am really scared about this condition it has destroyed my life ...i can't work because im always waiting the next big attack of panic that always comes, never stops ....im not on any meds and this is my 10 yr trying to deal with it .I had every test done on me blood tests ekg's ct scans cat scans everything is normal ....i dont know where to turn im LOst! and i think im losing my mind ---any help would be great thanks

Old 10-26-2007, 11:11 AM   #2
(female)

eloise_girl24 HB User
Re: eyes tracers -photophobia-anxiety

i had to search for photophobia online to find out what it was but it sounds very interesting to me. how long have you had this? did it develope bc of your anxiety or do you have anxiety because of it? i have vision issues too. (nothing diagnosed) but i notice with my anxiety i am very sensitive to light, almost like a migraine without the headache. i notice myself squinting a lot and i feel calmer in softly lit rooms. for me i dont know if im having vison problems because of my anxiety or if my anxiety is causing vision problems. what do you think about yours? what came first, the chicken or the egg?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2007, 10:38 PM   #3
(male)

terry67 HB User

Well that is the same with me it started one day at work ( i worked in a saw mill) and after the first two hours i got this over whelming anxiety and right from there i noticed the photophobia i thought i was gonna drop very very scary feeling uneasy,, hands went numb,, very dizzy , dream like state heart racing cold sweat it sucked not a place to have this mind you working with saws and all!!!i was home bound for 3 months doctors gave me every test everything was normal so i went to the eye doctor everything was fine so they thought it was a sinus problem i had a cyst in my loweer sinus had surgery but never cured it so im thinking that it is anxiety that caused this now i have suffered a long time . 10 yrs and im stuck i never really took any meds for this so i tryed to go to yet another doctor for a cure he said i had GAD and depression so he put me on lexa-pro ,,,not good,,,, i ened up in the E>R> for two days in a row blood pressure sky high and heart was racing at 180 b.p.m. now mind you this was very scray so im stuck i know i dont need anything to bring me up i need something to slow down my systom and maybe there is something out there that will work for me on the long term so i could get my life back but as of now im still suffering photophobia all the time gets worse when i get tired or sick,, anxiety is constant and if i go to a working situation i always have bad attacks ALWAYS it sucks bills are pilling up !!!! and there is nowhere to turn it seems. I really glad to hear im not alone but this really is debilitating. I'm gonna try some lorazapam thats what they gave me in the E.R. but i dont have insurance cause i can't hold down a job cause of this hell I call Anxiety !!!!! But i agree with you it is just like a migraine without the headache So it might be just that . there are silent migraine ,,,where you can get all the symtoms but not the headache weird but true so as for your question it started the same time and is constant for me ! but now im wondering if it is a silent migrine but to last for 10 yrs ummmm i just dont know ! i hope this helped you please write back i wanna know more about your problem sounds very close to what i have too

Last edited by terry67; 10-27-2007 at 10:43 PM.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:26 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Pri Lily HB User

Terry..

{REMOVED}

The brain doesn't have any rules, it can give you whatever symptom it wants, whenever it wants.

What you call "photophobia" I call "photosensitivity" .

The first time I developed it, was when I wore hard contact lenses. I had to wear sunglasses on dreary days. Nothing to do with any illness, or anxiety. Many things can cause it.

Now comes the question that I'm famous for. What was happening in your life when you got the first attack of photophobia.....did your anxiety stem from the photophobia, or did you have it first......?

Let me know.....

Lil

Last edited by ms_mod; 10-28-2007 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Please read all of the "Sticky" posts at the top of this board as to why your post was edited. Ms_Mod

Old 10-29-2007, 12:15 PM   #5
(male)

terry67 HB User

photophobia came and noticed it after the anxiety (dream like state ) whoosy felling like your gonna drop verylightheaded feelings but it still is with me all this timew 10 yrs and counting ,,,i think i need some meds because i really never believed in them but i think it is my only option at this point. Do you have any idea if any would work for the lightheadedness dream like state ! or the photophobia ,,,,thanks Lil.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:41 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Pri Lily HB User

The best thing to do is figure out what caused the anxiety and photosensitivity in the first place.

Just a thought....have you ever tried a migraine medication? If not...going on the theory that you could have headacheless migraines, I might give that a shot, if your Doctor agrees with it. If that doesn't work, back to the drawing board, but migraines should be ruled out.

Keep on writing....

Lil

Old 10-29-2007, 05:01 PM   #7
(male)

terry67 HB User

yes i thought of that good point ! but now would a silent migraine last for 10 yrs now ? because the halos are constant and never go away some days are better than others but still constant the red lcd lights are very blurry to me ,,,but i do have some headaches real dull but they are there, sometimes not noticable at all ,, good point and i will try to go get seen for that

Old 10-30-2007, 08:54 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Pri Lily HB User

This might sound really dumb.....have you had your eyes tested recently?

Sounds like part of it could be bad eyesight.

Lil

Old 11-15-2007, 08:39 AM   #9
(female)

DizzyAmber81 HB UserDizzyAmber81 HB User

Harsh, bright, or florescent lighting is a trigger for anxiety, it can make it worse among other things. It sounds as though you may have generalized anxiety disorder, meaning you are anxious all the time less then having an actual panic attack but still horrible then it causes your panic attacks as well. Medication could really help to calm your nerves so you dont worry as much. Like Xanax among others. Look up Generalized Anxiety Disorder you will find alot of info that maybe helpful to you. Hope this helps a little.

Closed Thread