It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2008, 12:54 PM   #1
(male)

Zombie99 HB User
Phobia Of Semen - OCD

Ok, I am quite embarassed about this but as no one really knows my identity I feel that I can ask advice online.

I'm 15 and I have had a phobia of semen for just over a year now. Basically, I find it hard to touch my lower body area when I go to the toilet incase there is any traces of semen on it and if I do touch it, I have to keep washing my hands over and over to make sure that it's definately not on my hands.

It started when I had my first wet dream and ever snice I have a fear that there is semen there even if I have washed loads of times I still think its there. I'm still having these wet dreams and therefore I don't think my problem is getting any easier. I always think that there is still semen down there even if I have washed it about 1000 times.

What makes it worse is that when I wash down there with my hand I have to keep wshing my hands with soap incase there is any trace of it on my hand.

Another weird thing is I think semen is on part of my hand if it feels cold comapred to the rest of my hand because I think that part may have touched some semen.

I really, really want to get help as this is taking over my life but I'm way to embarassed to tell my parents and it doesn't help that I'm a shy person therefore would find it difficult to talk to a proffesional.

I hope you can help me with this problem that has been troubling me for over a year now.

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2008, 02:33 PM   #2
(female)

tinkywinky HB User
Re: Phobia Of Semen - OCD

Your best bet is to go and see your gp, i know its hard but to be honest most of them is very understanding. I know its embarassing but they have prob heard much worse! Good luck!

Old 08-11-2008, 05:42 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kathrin74 HB User
Re: Phobia Of Semen - OCD

Yes please do talk to somebody about this, a doctor or counselor or somebody you trust.
There is help for what you are going through, so there is no use of you suffering quietly. And don't be ashamed - those doctors have pretty much "heard and seen it all"... so many people with so many different stories and fears. Nothing to be ashamed of at all, really. please do get help. Puberty can be tough enough with all that extra stuff...

Kathrin

Closed Thread