It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2008, 01:05 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jill30 HB User
Making phobias go away

How can I make my fear of elevators go away? I will walk up 6 flights so that I do not have to take an elevator. I get such anxiety when I do eventually go in one.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2008, 03:59 AM   #2
(female)

rhoda1 HB User
Re: Making phobias go away

I had the same fear all my life. Now, Im relatively ok in them. Just have to distract yourself from the time just before you get in, to the time you get out...makes it so much easier. I take a catalouge or a book or magazine in with me, even now, and it makes it easier...And remember, if it does stop, they get you out very quickly! Its true! Ive been catching elevators for 20 years and have never gotten caught in one!

Last edited by rhoda1; 12-04-2008 at 04:00 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2008, 04:13 AM   #3
(female)

raychie HB User

I'm the same..

I stand right next to the door and also watch the screen displaying the floors so I know its still moving.

I still wont go into a crowded one and from time to time I cant go in them at all. I have been stuck in one a couple of times but no more than a minute or two. By the time I've started to panic I'm out of it.

If its easier only go up 2 floors at a time. By the time the doors close they open again, thats how I started.

Good luck.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:44 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jill30 HB User

I will try to take the good advice. I got stuck 3 times for about 5 to 10 minutes each. I was all by myself which did not help.

Closed Thread