It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2009, 12:58 AM   #1
(male)

Colt11 HB User
Do I suffer from Agraphobia? (Fear of sexual abuse)

I am a young male (20) and I am often disturbed by the thought of being raped in prison or in some other circumstance. I realize that the odds of finding myself in such a situation are ridiculously low, but the thought of such a thing disturbs me to the point that I am...well...constantly disturbed and worried to the point that I just spent the last three hours reading articles entitled "how to survive prison". This particularly started to bother me after I watched the movie "Pulp fiction" with the rape scene. Do I have a phobia of sexual abuse or what? I would love to stop worrying about this because I do realize that it is, in fact, a rather unreasonable fear. What is the deal? Am I just a silly kid with a temporary paranoia or should I seek some kind of help? Thank you!

Old 09-27-2009, 07:06 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

fossilapostle HB User
Re: Do I suffer from Agraphobia? (Fear of sexual abuse)

How long have you been worrying about this? And how much does it affect your quality of life?

If it's just a recent thing I'd wait and see if it goes away on its own. If not, then you need to decide whether it interfereres with your well being enough to seek treatment for it. That's something only you can determine though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread