It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2003, 02:51 PM   #1

losingit HB User
Question Can anyone share info on Agoraphobia?

Hi,
I went to see the psyc doc the other day for my first evaluation. He said that I had anxiety and agoraphobia. I've done some researching but am wondering how bad it is for everyone else. I just need to know how others are dealing with it and getting on with their lives. I have to go to a med clinic next week for another evaluation then I'll get meds. Does anyone have info on what types of meds they might prescribe or how do they deal with driving their car? Does anything help this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2003, 05:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Hi many books and tapes are available to assist recovery, although some psychs just want to do psychotherapy, looking for sunconscious causes, this takes a long time and seldom helps much.

the most popular meds are valium type and an antidepressant

the books usually have info on driving, most drive OK on the meds

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2003, 01:17 PM   #3

Surviving101 HB User
I was pregnant in 1994 (suffered a miscarriage later) anyway I was extrememly agorophobic. But What happened was I started to miscarry and I had NO ONE to help me. You know what I did, I HAD to drive myself to the hospital, I felt so good and so horrible at the same time and I think your survival mode kicks in sometimes, my doctor onec told me that babies are only born with one fear... and that is the fear of falling, everything else is learned.

Old 10-09-2003, 07:33 AM   #4
(female)

rainswirls HB User
Hi,
I have agoraphobia..Im on Paxil CR 25MG It helped at first but Im afraid My agoraphobia is back!!When I drive Im ok sometimes.But as soon as I step out of the car I get so scared.....the thought of leaving anywhere scares me!Sometimes I try to push myself to leave and I do and End up having to turn back halfway there.Then one day I finally made It to wal-mart and back and I was so proud of myslef!!!The thing that scared me the most was red lights!!!I couldnt do anything about them...so If I was at one and already scared I would hurry up Into the turning lane..Hope that helps!

Closed Thread