It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2003, 11:39 PM   #1

mtndewdrop70 HB User
Question Phobias???

Hi,
I am New To This site... I Am a 33 yr old female.
I have one 15 yr old Daughter and I am married.
Nice To meet you all.
I was wondering if any of you have, or have heard of someone having a phobia of the wind.I know that sounds weird, but I have a terrible phobia of the wind. Not little breezes or anything , but WIND like over 30 mph. I live in the mtns and Sometimes the wind gets really bad where I live ... But the fear I have is way over the top. I get very close to the panic attack stage.I am kinda hoping to find someone who can relate.
I am on Paxil CR, but its not helping with my depression symptoms or my unrealistic fear of the wind. I was on Lexapro and it seemed to help alittle better, but No meds I have taken for this so far have Truely helped me... Does anyone have any advice???
Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2003, 04:20 AM   #2

Axenstar HB User
Sometimes high winds can cause the first rising vibes of a panic frenzy to creep up my spine, but i don't always fully panic in the wind. Maybe it is not actually the wind you fear, but having the airknocked out of you when you breath against the wind?

ANd don't worry about being afraid of the wind. My friend has a phobia of plants. Any kind of plant will make him anxious.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2003, 09:06 AM   #3

mtndewdrop70 HB User
Well at least its nice to know that someone else kinda has the same feeling as me. And its really the anticapation that does it for me first. Like when the forcasters say wind advisoriy or wind warning, before the first puff of wind I feel the panic coming on. I am climbing the walls! Then if the wind really starts bad I am totally beside myself.....
Lexapro was helping me alittle better than paxil cr, but it didnt last throughout a whole 24 hr period.
Any suggestions as to what meds might do the trick?
Thanks.

Old 10-26-2003, 12:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
lexapro and paxil both reduce anxiety for some but not all, the dose often needs to be adjusted

Old 10-26-2003, 01:34 PM   #5

kasha HB User
my phobia is fear of sleep-- think we all have fears with our attacks--dont u-- so you are not alone -- kasha

------------------
enchantress kasha

Old 10-26-2003, 02:21 PM   #6

amy_m HB User
my boyfriend has a phobia of stinging nettles and my friend has a phobia of pigeons

Closed Thread