It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2001, 07:24 AM   #1
Inactive

barris HB User
Post Spheksophobia

Do any of you all have Spheksophobia (Fear of wasps)? I think thats the correct term, i got it off a page that lists all the phobias.

Gosh when Im around a wasp, I "over react" by going to the other side of the room or jumping out of my chair. I cant go near a wasp on a window to kil it- its like Im afraid he will come after me. Lol.

Elijah

Old 04-26-2001, 02:22 PM   #2
Inactive

CrystalUnicorn HB User
Wink

Well, I think pretty much everyone I know has got that! Including me.
Yeah. I mean, does it fully screw with your life? Or is it just like "oh no. A wasp. Oh well. I will go to the other side of the room."?
Sorreeee...I don't know all that much about phobias, so I'm just rambling.

------------------
CrystalUnicorn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2001, 02:25 PM   #3
Inactive

barris HB User
I go to the other side of the room very quickly, Ive knocked over a teachers desk in my attempt to get there as fast as I could one time. I was so panicked, I did not even know I had bumped it.
I know this fear is exaggerated.

Elijah

Old 02-19-2002, 04:52 AM   #4
Inactive

BeLIEve HB User
I'm allergic to bee and wasp stings, One time I was stung in the nose by a yellow jacket wasp(I was swinging on a porch swing)and it swelled up to my eye and my eye swelled shut and was purple and black!
Anytime I see a bee I high tail it, in a huge panic!
But wasps are the worst! I see no reason for them to exist (bees yes, wasps no) they are mean and nasty!
I've seen about 5 different varieties in my yard in the summer and all my plants die in the back yard because I can't go there because they swarm the orange tree!

Old 03-26-2002, 07:56 PM   #5

minwax209 HB User
I'm like that with spiders...I'm seriously so afraid of them that I get really close to hyperventilating...i cant be in a room where a spider is/was for quite some time and yeah, i dont even like writing that word. Even those tiny little clearish orange things..yeah...cant go near those either...

sorry that was me rambling...but i know how ya feel with those wasps

Old 03-27-2002, 05:30 AM   #6
Veteran

simby HB User
Cool

i don't blame you Eli. i am like that and i have even built up the courage to kill one occasionally.
thing is those things will come after you. they are vicious little things. i think it's more of a self-defense mechanisism than a phobia. jmho.

------------------
Bread and water can so easily be toast and tea.

Closed Thread