It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2002, 07:52 PM   #1
Jack1ynn

Post phobia?

hi, my name is Jackie, i'm 17. i am like EXTREMELY terrified of throwing up. i always have been since i was little. i'm afraid of being nauseous...throwing up...someone else throwing up...seeing throw up on the ground. i seriously freak out and it makes me SO sick. i'm even to the point where i'm like paranoid and always thinking i'm sick all the time...and asking people if i'm gonna throw up if i do this...or do that..or eat this or that. even taking medicine. it just scares me really really bad. to the point where i dont leave my house because i'm afraid there would be a chance i could throw up somewhere. i've only thrown up like 3 times in my whole life. and it still horrifies me.

does that count as a phobia? and if so is there some kind of treatment or something to make it go away? and what is it caused from?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2002, 06:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

bjg HB User
you are not alone..did you read "fear of vomiting" that susanne posted on these boards.......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2002, 01:33 AM   #3

Maree HB User
Arrow

Jackie I can relate totally. I am 22 and I have had the same fear for as long as I can remember. My parents want to to see a psychologist however I can't see how this could help. I think all they will want me to do is "face my fear" and there is NO way I will do that. I don't know what the answer is.. I honestly thought I was alone on this until I came to this messageboard and realised that I am not imagining it all...

Old 04-26-2002, 12:44 PM   #4
Jack1ynn

yeah. its horrible. this phobia of throw up like is ruining my life. i mean...like now...my dog just threw up on the floor. and i'm like flipping out. i like will not eat because i'm afraid that if i eat i will throw up too. its just crazy. or like if someone in my house throws up...and i know they did. i will refuse to use that bathroom for like a month or so until i forget about it. its just crazy!
yeah. i know what you are talking about how they will just say to face your fears.
do you think theres any other way to overcome it?
because even me just talking about it...makes me sick to my stomache and stuff and it scares me.
i dont think facing it is a good solution though. i dont think people understand that. because i mean...if it was like a phobia of dogs or something..that would be different i guess. maybe not.
but someone like me....who is horrified of it...trying to face my fears like that...would just be tramatizing to me...and probably anyone else with that problem. which would only make things worse.
i dunno. but i dont know what to do.

Old 04-26-2002, 12:47 PM   #5
Jack1ynn

i also want to get rid of this phobia before i like get older and get married and have kids and stuff. because i know it will be 10x worse than it is now.
especially since now i'm like afraid to eat and leave my house because i'm scared to throw up. its rediculous....if you ever find away to cure it...****...let me know!

Closed Thread