It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2002, 02:54 PM   #1

cadis31 HB User
Cool Ok, don't laugh, but Crickets, I hate them.

When I was younger I use to fight crickets. I would hold them one in each hand, (with index finger and thumb). I found that they have a sheeth that covers their mandibles (or pinchers), and the only way to expose this is by lifting it yourself, or putting two crickets face to face. When you put them face to face, they will fight. Well I had this one big cricket on this particular day, and he won every fight I put him in. After he beat the last one, he got ahold of my thumg, and bit clean through the tip of it and drew a lot of blood, I know I deserved it. I didn't pay much attention to my feer, until one night out in CA. I was walking my dog at night, and we got within 3/4 of a mile from the house and noticed that the ground was completely black, and seemed to be moveing. Well the closer we got there was crunching under our feet,(from steping on crickets) and something kept hitting my head. It was at that time we both noticed that it was a huge cricket hatch going on. They were everywhere, and the ground was literally covered black with them, and so was everything else. We took off running, to this day I have never been able to run that fast. We got home, and I tore every bit of clothes off and jumped in the shower. It was at that point I knew I could have nothing to do with them. Now if I see them, I will avoid them. I can't even bring myself to step on one. It gives me the chills just thinking about them. I hope you guys don't think I'm crazy, but I don't like them, love the sound that they make, don't want to see them. Sorry this was so long. Does anyone else have this problem.

------------------
~~~~~~~
~cadis~
~~~~~~~
I love you dearly Kim, A/F.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2002, 08:39 PM   #2
Inactive

SweetMarie HB User
Talking

Oh Cadis!!!
Dem crickets are comin back to haunt ya!! Nope, if I were you, I'd be afraid too. One time there was a cricket in my kitchen and my poor daughter had to starve all day cause I refused to go in there or let her go in there until I got up the nerve to throw a toaster at it and kill it. Don't know why I picked the toaster, probably cause it was big enough yet light enough to throw. Then, I found out it was bad luck to kill crickets and I have been paying for it ever since. Yep every damn thing that happens to me I blame on the god forsaken cricket. Darn those little *******s. So never kill another cricket cause ya never know if it will come back to haunt you. By the way, being the psychologist that I am, I think it is perfectly normal to be afraid of them considering the emotional trauma you suffered as a child. So don't worry.
Marie

Old 05-24-2002, 05:47 AM   #3

cadis31 HB User
Talking

Marie, you just cracked me up, that was too funny. Thanks for the smile. I don't plan on killing any other crickets, I had forgotten all about them being bad luck if you kill one. Oh CRAP, I'm going to have bad luck the rest of my life, with as many as I have killed, heck it will cary over to my kids, lol. Thanks for the reply, and stay clear of those things. lol

------------------
~~~~~~~
~cadis~
~~~~~~~
I love you dearly Kim, A/F.

Old 05-24-2002, 02:01 PM   #4

trishk HB User
Talking

it already HAS carried over to your children!

------------------
~~~~~~~
~ Kim ~
~~~~~~~

Closed Thread