It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2002, 08:04 AM   #1

ScareCrow6.7 HB User
Post Arachnephobia

Hello Everyone,

This post is about my father, who is deathly affaid of spiders. He is now 76 and has been scared to death of them for as long as I can remember. I'm 37 and moved back in with him about a year ago when his health wasn't that good, and realized he has the same fear.

I would think after time it won't be as bad and everyone is different. Anyway this is my first post and wanted to say hello to everyone.

[This message has been edited by ScareCrow6.7 (edited 05-03-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2002, 08:39 AM   #2
Zafu

Hi ScareCrow

Welcome to the board.....

I'd love to know what the most common phobia is....I reckon spiders would be well up the list.....I don't mind furry ones but I can't handle the ones with spindly legs that fly. 'Daddy Longlegs' we call them in the UK...

Nice to see you here...

Zafu http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/clown.gif

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2002, 04:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

VegasGirl HB User
I am scared to DEATH of spiders, I have a panic attack if I see one. Seriously, I have had this my entire life, I am 30. I am scared of Daddy Long Legs and even MORE SO of the furry ones!

Old 06-05-2002, 09:01 PM   #4

ChoCoCat HB User
Yeah daddy long legs are annoying!! I have to rescue them out of my bathtub before I take a shower. They're harmless, but still they're...creepy.

Old 06-29-2002, 10:30 AM   #5
Veteran

xKaShyLahx HB User
Unhappy

Im absolutely terrified of spiders just the thought of them makes me cringe....like today i was cleaning out the cupboard for my grandma and BOOM a little brown spider (eww) came runing out i screamed and jumped in my grandma's lap LOL and started to cry....is this normal???? or am i a freak????

Old 06-30-2002, 09:39 PM   #6

Orlando's Girl HB User
Unhappy

I am SOOOOO afraid of spiders!!!!!!! If I see a spider I start to shake for a few seconds. And when I think about seeing one, I stark shaking. EVERY time I go in my bedroom, I search the ceiling for spiders. If there is one on my ceiling, I wont sleep in there until it's dead-- and I HAVE to see it's guts and it all smeared or whatever for me to be happy. EWWWWW, yesterday I was outside sitting in a fold-up chair, and I decided to move and sit somewhere else. Well, I un-folded my chair and went to sit down but saw a WEIRD looking spider hanging on the chair. I dropped the chair and shreiked!!! Just the thought of that THING being on me and climbing around made my heart race... and I couldn't stop shaking for awhile!!! Is ANYONE out there like this as well????

Mal

[This message has been edited by Orlando's Girl (edited 06-30-2002).]

Old 07-01-2002, 05:52 AM   #7
Veteran

xKaShyLahx HB User
Unhappy

YES YES!!
im just like that too im abit of a cry baby LOL I HATE SPIDERS! im always checking the environment that im in for spiders u name it im checking there bathroom, toilets, carpet, bedroom etc...i remember this once when i was about 2 go to bed and BOOM outta no where a BIG i mean BIG MASSIVE spider was crawling up my wall when i looking at it my heart starting beating FASTER, i was soooo scared i didnt know what to do. So i called my mom to get rid of it, she to panicked and refused to..i refused to sleep in my bedroom with thing on my wall....so i waited 3 hours for my brother to come home and kill it..u should of seen me standing there shaking tears coming down my face...that shame night i slept in my moms room cos i was suffering from shock...

Old 07-01-2002, 07:26 AM   #8

siobhan HB User
Wait - I didn't know that Daddy Longlegs can actually FLY?!?!?

Really?

Closed Thread