It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2010, 03:53 PM   #1
(male)

john320 HB User
Rabies phobia

Hi Guys I was reading some the posts from people with OCD and the fear of rabies , its unbelievable how similar are some of your accounts to mine , the thing to remember is that is our anxiety the one playing tricks on us , so the thing to do is not to worry about whatever is focus our anxiety in and try to solve that problem by analyzing it over and over again, but to focus in what is causing us to do this which is our anxiety, and target in that. Once you have get a hold of your anxiety the others thing ( fears ) will go away gradually
in my case I have a fear of rabies from bats, so i continuously checking over and over the possibilities that I have contracted the disease some how and I'm not aware of it , it is amazing how creative our mine can be to find possibilities that some how that could happend and you didn't know of it .
So instead that go over and over thinking about that , we need to treat that real problem and that is our anxiety , cognitive therapy , medication relaxation , do help a great deal, so don't worry about deceases take charge of your life and help your self focus in the real cause of our fears which is the anxiety.

Closed Thread