It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2011, 05:21 AM   #1
(female)

Izzyconrad2 HB User
What do i do?

Ever since i turned 18 and my senior year started i have been having panic attacks. In the morning i would feel sick i think it was because of being nervous for school. I couldnt eat at school and i couldn`t sit in the back seat like i have since i was in 2nd grade. I had to sit up front cause i thought i was gonna get sick. Even going to the mall and going out to eat. For prom my bf took me to dinner and we had to leave because i started freakin out that i was gonna get sick. I felt horrible because it was a fancy place and he was being so sweet and i ruined dinner. It just happens and i tell myself i`m being stupid and theres nothing to worry about but it doesnt work. i try to calm down and breath but i can`t do it. My bf said i may have social anxiety disorder. The thing is i don`t care what people think about me and i don`t have a problem puking at home or around friends if thats what it gets to. I don`t understand why i have this. But graduation is coming up and i am freaking out just thinking about it. Everytime i think about my stomach does summersalts. I`m gonna be in the middle of tons of people sitting there for maybe 3 hours. Theres is no way i`m gonna be able to do it. What do i do if i tell my mom she will freak out and just tell me im a hypocondriac. But i`m freaking out that ill mess up graduation. I don`t know what to do i wanna get help but i can`t swallow pills and if i tell my mom she will flip out. She gets mad if i get a cold. what do i do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2011, 07:21 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: What do i do?

Izzy,

I am so sorry you are going through this...and even more sorry that you do not feel your mother will be able to offer you the support you need from her right now.

I would still encourage you to discuss your feelings and fears with her. I would make yourself an appointment with your doctor and discuss your situation with him/her as well, and as soon as possible. There are short term medication you could take to get you through your graduation. Once you have gotten through that, you can go back and seek other more long term treatment.

I encourage you to look at this as something treatable, and something you can overcome with the proper help. And no need for any embarrassment either, Many people your age start with feelings such as yours at major turning points in their lives and left untreated can cause problems down the line that are much more difficult to overcome.

Please take this opportunity to listen to your body trying to give you messages, and follow through until you feel better. As you enter your adult life, taking charge of you health is something you will need to take over for yourself. I wish you the best, and please come back and let us know how you are doing...I am interested in what happens, and your story will help others who are going through similar issues right now.

Another thing to remember, you are not alone...Just knowing that can be enough to really help get yourself on your way to recovery and a happy life ahead.

Janet

The Following User Says Thank You to writeleft For This Useful Post:
Izzyconrad2 (05-06-2011)
Closed Thread