It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2011, 03:09 AM   #1
(male)

benji1986 HB User
Balloon Phobia

Hello All,

Im kinda new to this so bare with me lol. For as long as i can remember i have had a fear of balloons. So much so that, when i was 0 to 11 years old, i avoided parties and school classes where there would be balloons involved. I would run in the other direction when i saw anybody with balloons.

This fear changed in my teen years, I became fascinated with balloons, and i would go to my room and blow them up and bounce them around. I still could not be near anybody with them. This developed into a sexual fetish i suppose you could say (i wont go into detail).

I am now 25 years old. The fear has become less strong, but definitely not gone and the fetish part remains.

I guess im hoping to find others who may be similar to me, and maybe an some information on why this fear has "changed" to a fetish.

Regards,
Ben

Closed Thread

Tags
anxiety, balloon, fear, fetish, phobia