It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
(female)

Smart Blonde HB User
Unhappy petrified of throw up??

Hi! I'm 14. Ever since I was little I have been extremely scared of people or me throwing up. I used to lay in my bed and scream and cry when ever someone in my family did! Now, I still am really scared of it just not like that. Whenever someone in my family goes into the bathroom I find my self hopeing and fearing that they r about to pule! My heart starts pounding and I think the worse! I don't know y its scathe to me, but it is! And I don't know wat to do!!! No one in my family has gotten sick in like years so I don't know how I will react when they finally do!! Please help! Thank you'

The following user gives a hug of support to Smart Blonde:
nanahachifan (05-09-2012)
Old 05-09-2012, 04:18 AM   #2
(female)

nanahachifan HB User
Re: petrified of throw up??

I'm sorry you are afflicted with this, too. I am 56 yrs old and am still not completely cured. It's about managing your fear, learning to control your reaction to it. Easier said than done. My anxieties about another person vomiting include: it can get all over me, it can get spewed everywhere, horrible mess to clean up, it's violent, it's grose, it's startling, makes me feel sick, it can't be controlled or avoided, it looks and sounds horrible, etc.

I panic when I'm going to throw up, too. I don't know anyone who likes the process. It's best to allow nature to take it's course so your body can move on from it. Sometimes it gets severe, and sometimes medical help is needed. But, almost everyone recovers as good as new.

Regarding seeing another person throw up: It's OK not to stand it. It's OK to be able to get away from it. Try not to scream or cry as much, and take deep breaths. I've met other people who have to do that and plug their ears. Maybe you can go outside for awhile and get some fresh air if you're at home. At school, it's harder to do that. You're likely to be in good company there. Maybe you can say to yourself 'It's only temporary, it will be over soon, every human goes through it, I'm not alone, it won't kill me, etc.' It's going to be a slow process of aiming to become stronger in dealing with it.

At age eleven, I had my worst episode ever. My friend started throwing up at a fast-food stand. I fled away so fast to the other side of the building, climbed up into a planter, and hollered away. People at a nearby gas station stared in disbelief and concern. My mom spoke sharply to me and got me into the car. I kept my head between my knees all the way home. I did not even speak to my friend, which hurt her feelings. I realized how bad this was. I didn't want to be commited to the nut-house.

I sympathize with you so much. There are many on this site who have the same issue, so you are truly not unique or oddball in having it. It will be a slow process. You realize how it is wrecking your quality of life. It can take years to psych yourself up to become stronger. I'll quit talking for now. We can continue to talk about it, it you want.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #3
(female)

I love music HB User

I have this too I know what you are going through. I wish there was a cure. It would change lives.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:00 AM   #4
(female)

beachlove12 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Blonde View Post
Hi! I'm 14. Ever since I was little I have been extremely scared of people or me throwing up. I used to lay in my bed and scream and cry when ever someone in my family did! Now, I still am really scared of it just not like that. Whenever someone in my family goes into the bathroom I find my self hopeing and fearing that they r about to pule! My heart starts pounding and I think the worse! I don't know y its scathe to me, but it is! And I don't know wat to do!!! No one in my family has gotten sick in like years so I don't know how I will react when they finally do!! Please help! Thank you'
@Smart Blonde, omg this is exactly how I am! I absolutely have a phobia about whenever one of my family members goes to the bathroom, especially at night. My heart pounds and I have to put my fingers in my ears so I don't hear it! And I am terrified of throwing up as well!! How have you been getting on?

Closed Thread