It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #1
(female)

tbaier HB User
Question Bit by a spider

I need some advice on how I can get rid of or at least minimize my fear of spiders. Ive always had a fear of bugs and such but it was the scream jump yell for someone else to kill it kinda fear. Except with bees, wasp etc... I once got out of a moving vehicle because there was a wasp in the backseat with me. Ive gotten much better over time from working outside, i think. Now, i have a new phobia and its worse than the bees.
Last year(2011) end of Nov i was digging through garage, getting out holiday decorations and putting lights up outside and on the roof. Do it every year. Well, few days later i noticed a real red bump on my leg...looked like a real bad infected hair. It quickly got worse. I wont get to descriptive but it was very nasty looking and extremely painful. That was the worst part....the pain. just the air around me was excruciating. I went to dr and they said it was a spider bite. They cultured it put me on pain med, med to control the leg spasms and 2 antibiotics. 1 was very strong. The wound went through a cycle of healing but it was pure hell for a good 2 weeks. Now a year later all that's left is a brown discoloring of the skin about the size of a quarter and a extreme phobia of spiders.
I can see where the fear came from but the severity of is confuses me. I cant go in my garage anymore. I know that the chance of being bit again is not too likely, i know they are more scared of me and blah blah blah.....I know this....my brain is telling me this but once i go in there it doesn't matter. Within seconds the anxiety starts, panicky, paranoid, afraid to move or touch anything then ill start feeling **** on me and by that point I'm outta there! My garage has turned into a health hazard because i just open the door throw whatever in there and that's it. My oldest son will go in there and get something if i need it. It makes me so mad. This all started from a bite that i actually don't know for certain i got while i was inside the garage. I want my sanity and my garage back!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply