It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 08:29 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Roger13 HB User
Agoraphobia, anxiety, panic attacks

I started getting panic attacks and anxiety attacks a couple of years ago. Forced me into disability from work (I'm 62 now) and finally is forcing me into early retirement. I was unable to attend meetings, etc. Agoraphobia has become a major problem. I can drive short distances only; can go to grocery store etc. with no problem. More than about 20 miles is a major problem though, and being in crowds is also major problem. I've been on Xanax and Trileptal for a couple of years which seems to have helped the anxiety, but I'm not going out much except when necessary. I assume this is uncued agoraphobia and have been seeing a counselor for about 2-3 years. I definitely feel trapped, and rather wish I could get out more. My family lives a distance from me, so I can't visit them, and I live alone. Would CBT be any help, does anyone think? Or anything else? I might panic if I had to be in a group of people for any reason, so I'm not sure I could participate in CBT. Any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
agoraphobia, anxiety, trileptal, xanax