It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pituitary Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2003, 06:23 PM   #1

shygrl HB User
Question Help! 7mm Pituitary Adenoma or Cyst

Hello, My husband was diag with with a 7mm pituitary tumor or cyst. For some reason they cannot tell what it is. But it's in the pituitary gland. His bloodwork came back ok, Other than his Prolactin level was a little high at 29.

Can anyone help us by giving us sometype of information on how serious this is. And if anyone has gone through this. please let me know your experience.

We are driving ourselfs crazy and would like some answers before his appt.

Thanks

Old 12-22-2003, 09:56 AM   #2

Gingerly HB User
Re: Help! 7mm Pituitary Adenoma or Cyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by shygrl
Hello, My husband was diag with with a 7mm pituitary tumor or cyst. For some reason they cannot tell what it is. But it's in the pituitary gland. His bloodwork came back ok, Other than his Prolactin level was a little high at 29.

Can anyone help us by giving us sometype of information on how serious this is. And if anyone has gone through this. please let me know your experience.

Thanks
You didn't mention anything about what the doctor said about it. I have a microadeom on my pititituary gland - they told me not to worry about it unless I start lactating (producing milk). I saw one time of the Discover Health Channel about a young man that had terrible fatigue and was getting milk like a woman does. The found out he had a tumor on his pitituary gland and removed it and now he is fine. The doctor's need to be concerned with your husband because his prolactin level is high. Be your own advocates and press for answers. Press for it to be removed!! Is our husband fatigued too? That is another big symptom. Hope this helps.
Regards,
Gingerly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2004, 11:50 AM   #3
(female)

avuntika HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shygrl

Thanks

hi,
i notice u posted a while back but am replying anyway.

pituitary tumors that cause prolactin to be higher than normal can usually be treated with bromocriptine tablets. it makes the prolactin level go down plus it helps keep the tumor from growing and in some cases even shrink it. it is not necessarily a serious problem. and it doesnt always require surgery. but its best to ask your docs. as long as you dont have severe symptoms you should be fine. high prolactin usually causes period problems, so ur husband neednt worry abt it.

my prolactin levels were above a 100 but the bromo has gotten it within the normal range. ( i also have a pit. microadenoma that is prolactin secreting)

all the best.

Last edited by avuntika; 01-05-2004 at 11:53 AM.

Old 01-05-2004, 06:43 PM   #4

shygrl HB User

Hello, I just wanted to thank everyone that replied to my post, It really helped.
I can't find out to much about high prolactin levels in men. But he has an appt to see and endocrinologist very soon and I hope we get some answers.

Thanks for your posts!

Closed Thread