It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pituitary Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2004, 04:18 AM   #1

Isobelj HB User
Cranial bones alignment essential to pituitary gland function ...?

Recently I came across some links between TMJD and pituitary gland dysfunction which are worrying me somewhat. I can't post a link but here is an extract from one website. This could be particularly relevant for women as the pituitary gland controls ovulation, estrogen production, affects bone strength etc., does anyone else know any more about this?

'Located directly on the sphenoid is the pituitary gland. It sits on the sphenoid in a formation that looks like a "Turkish saddle." In fact, the Latin name for that structure is called the "sellae tursica." The pituitary exerts profound influence over the endocrine system and, as such, directly influences the body's physiology and health.
If the sphenoid is out of position ("lesioned") due to misalignment of the hard palate, pituitary function will suffer, and the body's physiological systems will be affected. The pituitary depends on the normal alignment of the cranial bones for its proper functioning.
The pituitary is located outside of the brain because it needs to operate in a cooler environment than the brain has to offer. One of the ways that the body helps "cool" the pituitary is the gentle rocking motion of the sphenoid provided by the craniosacral rhythm. This rocking motion ("flexion" and "extension") helps to pump the hot blood away from the pituitary. Any cranial misalignment interferes with this motion, causing the pituitary to heat beyond its optimal physiological range. Even a slight temperature increase of the pituitary will result in diminished pituitary function.
If you've ever felt "out of sorts," you may have splashed cool water on your forehead. This instinctual behavior wasn't to cool your forehead. Rather it was to help cool the pituitary and restore a sense of well being.
A "faulted" or "lesioned" sphenoid caused by misaligned dental anatomy can result in a myriad of physiological and behavioral symptoms. Facial asymmetry, cranial pain, and sensory disorders may be indications of cranial imbalance.'

Isobel

Last edited by Isobelj; 08-19-2004 at 04:19 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2004, 10:15 AM   #2

clarkfarm HB User
Re: Cranial bones alignment essential to pituitary gland function ...?

Hey! I was quite intriged with your post as I am looking at the same issue for other reasons. I have been diagnosed with sleep apnea and am having a hard time on the CPAP machine which forces air down your throat all night. I heard of a technique called Neuro Cranial Restructuring (NCR) that holds the theroy in regards to sleep apnea in that sinus passages have been closed off because the sphenoid bones are out of line thus not allowing enough air pressure to pass thru the throat to keep it open, allowing the muscles to relax, close off causing one to jerk out of a sound sleep in the effort to breathe. Your post caught my attention because I to feel there are a lot of issues in this area that culd be caused by the bones being out of place. I have sinus issues which an ENT told me i would just have to live with. I have chest discomfort for which they are claimng is acid reflux but I too wonder about the hypothalamus being out of wack because of the pituitary possibly not functioning right because something is out of place. I have had female issues that have been diagnosed as crossed signals. The chemicals from the pituitary were really high in a blood test. I have TMJ issues, etc. If you research the NCR you might find the answers you are looking. Clarkfarm

Old 09-21-2011, 08:43 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User

How true, from dental splints and all that I have sphenoid strain and jammed head bones, which most people don't believe. How do we get this fixed, cranial osteos couldn't fix it.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:23 AM   #4
(female)

Molly Alex HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtocamp View Post
How true, from dental splints and all that I have sphenoid strain and jammed head bones, which most people don't believe. How do we get this fixed, cranial osteos couldn't fix it.
Hi Luvtocamp

I have contacted you before but not for a few years. I am still suffering with TMJ problem caused by bad dental work. If you have time to look at my earlier posts, you could re acquaint yourself with the problems.

I know that my skull bones are greatly impacted and suspect that the sphenoid is off. I have had cranial osteopathy treatment a few times but the effects are very short lived because the bite is so far out (or now complete lack of bite to be more truthful) . The whole body is affected.

I notice in an earlier post that you mention neural cranial restructuring.
I wonder did you have this done and was it of help.

Many thanks

Molly Alex (UK)

Reply Reply