It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pituitary Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2006, 01:29 PM   #1
(female)

3locachicas HB User
Pituitary Tumor

I was diagnosed with a pituitary tumor(noncancerous) on Monday. I have an appointment with a neurosurgeon on next Monday. I am looking for someone who has had this happen to them and what can I expect in this whole thing.

I was sent for an MRI due to migraines with no cause.

THanks!

If there is a more appropriate board to post this on let me know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2006, 09:20 AM   #2

kentay66 HB User
Re: Pituitary Tumor

Hi, I was diagnosed with a pit turmor last July. Mine was non-secreating and I had it removed in August. It took 3 years to get a diagnois. The surgery was not as bad as I thought. There are many different types of pit turmors and are treated differently. they were not able to remove all the turmor, because it was too close the my cartoid artery.

Do lots of research and get the best care. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2006, 10:12 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

sinnister81 HB User

HI, can U tell me why it took so long to get a dx? I have had a constant headache for 3 months mri ct both negative. Did your tests come bak negative?

Old 04-03-2006, 01:00 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

schao HB User

Kentay--

If you dont mind my asking--what kind of symptoms were you having?

schao

Old 04-03-2006, 09:15 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

sinnister81 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnister81
HI, can U tell me why it took so long to get a dx? I have had a constant headache for 3 months mri ct both negative. Did your tests come bak negative?

I have had a headache for the past 4-5 months all day every day. It sstarted about a year and a half ago when they would come and go I would get burning sensation in the deep center of my head, or my entire head would feel like it was freezing cold. I also used to be on antidepressants cause I have severe depression, but I stoppped taking em when the headaches initially kicked in. Now if I take any kind of antidepresant, the center of my head gets that freezing sensation, I cant even take natural stuff like 5-htp and tryptophan. So I am depressed mess, and this stupid awful headache wont go away. All my mri and ct and blood is negative only csf spinal fluid pressure was borderline high but that about it. Please tell me why your dx took so long and if mri and ct may have missed ur tumor initially.

Old 04-04-2006, 05:28 AM   #6
(female)

3locachicas HB User

Thanks for the advice! I was actually off having mine removed when you responded. It wasn't bad at all. I was feeling SO SO terrible before hand that I actually felt better right away. I had a very large tumor for a pituitary tumor and it was causing a great deal of pain. We believe I have had it for about 4-5 years due to the symptoms I have been suffering but I just started getting headaches 5 months ago frm it and that is when the doctor ordered the MRI. I got the diagnosis March 13th and had surgeryon the 30th so I am happy.

Have you had a lot of side affects? I am not sure if it is permanent but it seems like my eyes are slow to wakeup. I also have terribleheartburn.

Do you have to take any hormones? My next stopis the endocrinologist. they are thinking I will need to take hydrocortisone for the rest of my life. I am not sure if they got it all yet because we haven't gotten the MRI back til next week.

I hope your surgery gave you as much relief as mine did for me!! It has been less than a week and I feel GREAT!

Old 04-04-2006, 11:44 AM   #7
Veteran
(male)

conductor HB User

I just saw your title as I was moving down to another Board.

Years ago, I was mistakenly told I had a pituitary tumor. However, I was told I had Cushing's Syndrome.

Was this what you had, or did you simply (as if there is anything simple about it) have a pituitary tumor?

After all of the symptoms, including severe and truly diagnosed Migraine Headaches, I finally was diagnosed with Lupus.

I just thought I would offer this information.

Sincerely,
Jon (Conductor)

Closed Thread