It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pituitary Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2006, 07:36 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User
pituitary, endocrine, hypothalmus, adrenal, etc.

I am wondering what information you all have gotten from your doctors about the way that lyme damages our body systems, specifically hormones from the hypothalmus, pituitary, adrenal, thyroid etc. and how are you treating these problems.

Old 04-03-2006, 08:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smyle HB User
Re: pituitary, endocrine, hypothalmus, adrenal, etc.

Hi sleeperwoken:

No one has addressed any of these issues with me and I am concerned. One of the things that has been very troubling for me lately is the weight gain. I feel like my metabolism has just shut down. I was looking at my thyroid levels from the last time they were done and they were normal, but at the very low end of normal. Also, my periods have gotten very irregular, short cycles, heavy etc. I have had my hormones tested, and these all come out as normal, but again- at the very lowest end of normal. One of the first things that made me realize that something was wrong was that I had a series of miscarriages after having 2 normal pregnancies. All the Dr's tell me that this is very unusual. I don't know, I don't have the answer. I wish someone did. I am starting to feel like I am never going to feel well again.

Frango

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2006, 12:39 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

wackowoman HB User

From what I am told, the low end of normal for thyroid can be as several as a low thyroid. Not my Dr. telling me this but a friend who was in the same position. Her Dr. put her on thyroid med. and she did better. My thyroid went hyper - was on med. for 9 months and is now better - off the medication.

But in my reading about the brain, the hypothalamus controls all the glands you mentioned. So it effects hormones, thyroid, etc. It can also effect body temperature. It affects the whole limbic system.

It is the ammomia from the Lyme that damages these areas. So the most important thing is breaking down the ammonia so the liver can get rid of it.

Getting the ammonia out of my brain was the hardest for me. It cleared from my liver much and heart quicker than from my brain and it did a lot of damage. As you know I used Dr. Jernigan's products (and his therapies) to get the ammonia out. I am now ammonia free and using a drug called Lamictal to get my brain up and running again.

This is such a battle. I am still fighting it, but definitely better. Wish we could be all cured overnight!

Jeanne

Old 04-05-2006, 06:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Dear sleeperwoken,

I have often wondered this myself. Been too sick to do any research or to remember to ask my LLMD any specific questions. I know that my neurotransmitters are really messed up.

It seems logical that Bb may be infecting our glands, since glands secrete the hormones that maintain (or disrupt) our moods and sleep and hunger and memory.

Very interesting.

Closed Thread