It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pituitary Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2009, 06:00 PM   #1
(female)

MyFourBlessings HB User
Question Grave's, Hashitoxicosis or Pituitary problem?

I was dx with Grave's when pg back in 2005. I did not need meds until Jan. 07. The dr wants to wean me off now since it's been 2.5 years on PTU. My levels are still weird on the PTU.. my tsh AND my t4 are BOTH low, again.

I had a MRI back in 2005 that was clean... they did it for this reason.. since then my eye dr is telling me my periph vision is getting worse and my optic nerves show some sort of swelling?

I asked my endoc about the possibility of a pit problem.. she really didn't seem concerned about that. Although after I get my uptake scan I have to double my meds until we get all the results back so I can have surgery to remove my thyroid. I am really scared and I have no idea what to expect.

I can't help but wonder what if it's my pit causing these problems.. even though I was positive for the TSI, which is supposed to be specific for graves. What if it's hashitoxicosis which can make these funky numbers?

I am fine with removing my thyroid should it be hashitoxicosis or grave's.. but I worry what if it's my pituitary gland causing it all and I have a this surgery for nothing you know? I don't want to be cut on, unless it is absolutely needed.

Anyone else have a similar situation or know what could be going on here? I think I am going to straight up ask for another MRI to check my pituitary out.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:30 AM   #2
(female)

MyFourBlessings HB User
Re: Grave's, Hashitoxicosis or Pituitary problem?

No one has any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2009, 12:05 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GravesGirl73 HB UserGravesGirl73 HB User

Hi! So it sounds like you do have Graves by the eye exam. Your tsh being low means there are antibodies present and that lowers the tsh. Your t-4(FT4 is a better test) is usually low if you're over medicated,that's all. How many mgs are you on? From what I've heard pit problems are more rare. Have you ever had tsh come back?

Old 06-17-2009, 08:05 PM   #4
(female)

MyFourBlessings HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravesGirl73 View Post
Hi! So it sounds like you do have Graves by the eye exam. Your tsh being low means there are antibodies present and that lowers the tsh. Your t-4(FT4 is a better test) is usually low if you're over medicated,that's all. How many mgs are you on? From what I've heard pit problems are more rare. Have you ever had tsh come back?
This time my tsh was .03 and my T4 (I don't know if it was FT4 or not?) was .79 so both were low. I know she tested my TSI again but she didn't mention what level it was so I may call back and ask.

I am to stop meds (PTU) for now only because they set me up for an uptake test and they said the meds have to be out of my system for a week.. after my test I am to start taking double what I have been taking.

I've been off my meds 24 hours now and I am already feeling very foggy minded.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:19 PM   #5
(female)

MyFourBlessings HB User

I just posted a new post to followup on this.

Closed Thread