It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pituitary Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2011, 07:57 AM   #1
(male)

goleafsgo HB User
CT scan - need help

Hi everyone, thanks in advance.

To sum up my situation, I was diagnosed with secondary hypogonadism due to low free Testosterone and low LH/FSH. Here are my latest labs:

Free T: 1.8 (9.0 - 40.0)
LH: 1 (2.0 - 11.0)
FSH: 3 (2.0 - 13.0)

I am a 25 year old male in good shape, so these very low levels were a surprise to my endocrinologist. I can't have an MRI because I have a pacemaker (for low HR that stopped due to autonomic dysfunction), so I had a CT. I got a copy of my results, but I wont be seeing my Endo until December, so I was curious if anybody had experience with what the report says. Here it is pasted below. I'm happy to know there is no macroadenoma, but does anybody know about the inhomogeneous and hypoattenuation? When they say possible microadenoma is indeterminate, I'm assuming that is because CT is limited, so they would just be guessing without a more detailed MRI right? Also can a microadenoma cause my secondary hypogonadism?

By the way, I also have primary adrenal insufficiency (Addison's) which was diagnosed due to low cortisol and high ACTH (another pituitary hormone). Just extra info. I know that nobody here is a doctor, but I appreciate any knowledge or insight. My main concern is finding the cause as I don't want to be on testosterone for my entire life since I am 25. anyways, thanks again everyone!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Details:
The Pituitary gland is overall normal in size. The Pituitary stalk is midline.
The right aspect of the gland is slightly thicker than the left however it is
concave superiorly. The enhancement of the gland is slightly inhomogeneous
with several areas that are slightly hypoattenuating as compared to the
remainder the gland. One of these could possibly represent a microadenoma
however this is indeterminant. There is no evidence of a macroadenoma.
The optic chiasm is not compressed. The cavernous sinus appear normal.

Summary:
Normal size pituitary gland. Inhomogeneity and hypoattenuation as described above. Possibily a microadenoma, but one cannot be localized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by goleafsgo; 11-08-2011 at 08:00 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread