It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pituitary Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2012, 02:46 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger67 HB User
Band of pressure across forehead

Does anyone else have a band of pressure across their forehead? For four years now I've felt like I have a very tight rubber band around my head. It's like I have to physically raise my eyebrows to feel better. I've been told by one doc this could be my pituitary, but most docs look at me like I'm crazy. It's not a headache, just pressure like a vice around my head.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #2
(female)

Jul2 HB User
Re: Band of pressure across forehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger67 View Post
Does anyone else have a band of pressure across their forehead? For four years now I've felt like I have a very tight rubber band around my head. It's like I have to physically raise my eyebrows to feel better. I've been told by one doc this could be my pituitary, but most docs look at me like I'm crazy. It's not a headache, just pressure like a vice around my head.

Never heard of that one before, but certainly, as a pituitary patient, I have had double migraines -- one going in each direction, like in the form of a cross. Regarding the pressure, have you ever looked at your forehead closely with an upper bathroom light to make sure there isn't extra growth on the front of your forehead? You could develop that if you have acromegaly, but you would also have likely noticed other symptoms such as growing feet, hands, widening tooth spaces and so on.

Don't worry about most docs looking at you as if you are crazy. They will look at most pituitary patients like that because they know so little about the disease that it's their lack of knowledge that makes them look at you like that versus you yourself. Pituitary tumours can cause all kinds of weird headaches. I sometimes had one that felt like a squishy sponge when I went to lie down. If I were you, I would stick with the doctor who suggested it might be your pituitary. He seems to be more knowledgeable than the others.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger67 HB User

No, it doesn't look like my forehead is protruding. It's just been this constant 24/7 band of pressure and sometimes it's behind my eyes. No one seems to know what it is, but it's so annoying I want to cut my head off. I feel like I have to push my eyebrows up, like there's something pushing my forehead down if that makes sense. It makes me feel angry, like I'm furrowing my eyebrows all the time.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:46 PM   #4
(female)

Jul2 HB User

Sounds like an eye problem to me - cataracts maybe? Have you seen someone about your eyes? Pituitary tumours do cause eye problems and pain behind the eye, especially if they're growing, but certainly it would be good to have the eye problem checked out first.
Cataracts and/or other eye problems can cause the same thing.

Old 03-17-2012, 07:05 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger67 HB User

No, it's not an eye problem. I see my eye doctor every year for an annual exam. It's not just by my eyes. It's literally across my entire forehead. It feels like there's a vice around my head or like I"m wearing a very tight hat. It's not painful, it's just a feeling of pressure. I've had 2 MRI's and neither showed a tumor, but maybe there's something there that's too small to show up.

Old 08-11-2012, 11:53 AM   #6
(female)

Jul2 HB User

I never noticed the protruding forehead until I was in the bathroom standing under a light one day with hair pulled back. Then I could see a 1/2 bowl-like growth. It can't be noticed in normal light. You need a light on top of your head to see it -- not facing you. Digital cameras are excellent at detecting such things. Pull your hair back and take a picture from slightly above your head and back near the top of it when you are lying down. When the picture is converted to black and white, the growth will really stand out. Digital cameras are the greatest invention ever for medical use. They're especially good for helping doctors identify small skin lesions which can be zoomed in on up to 18 times or so (depending on your camera) and then printed out for your doctor to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger67 View Post
No, it doesn't look like my forehead is protruding. It's just been this constant 24/7 band of pressure and sometimes it's behind my eyes. No one seems to know what it is, but it's so annoying I want to cut my head off. I feel like I have to push my eyebrows up, like there's something pushing my forehead down if that makes sense. It makes me feel angry, like I'm furrowing my eyebrows all the time.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:50 AM   #7
(female)

okiemama HB User

I know it has been a while since your post, but I was wondering if you ever found any answers to why you were getting tightness in your forehead? I too have been struggling with this. My forehead is tight in the center near my eyes, and my eyes feel heavy. I am going to get tested this week for allergies to see if this is why I am suffering. I find this annoying as it looks like I have a weird tick since I need to raise my eyebrows to relieve the pressure.

Reply Reply