It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pituitary Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2012, 11:00 AM   #1
(female)

reves777 HB User
Angry Have Pituitary Tumor... Need Help,Advice,and Support

Hi. Im new here. I have a pituitary tumor (functioning) that is destroying my quality of life! Im scared to get surgery, sick of taking more and more drugs, and Ill do just about anything to get healthy again and get my hormone levels back to normal so I can live a normal life, as well as have another baby. Anyone that can help tell me what hospital/programs,etc.(I now have no insurance) that would accept me and the risks vs. benefits...or anything that may be of help PLEASE contact me! Im losing hope, and CAN NOT LIVE LIKE THIS ANYMORE!!! Thanks to anyone in advance for responding. Robin

The following user gives a hug of support to reves777:
Diana64 (02-13-2012)
Old 02-13-2012, 06:07 AM   #2
(female)

Diana64 HB UserDiana64 HB User
Re: Have Pituitary Tumor...Need Help,Advice,and Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by reves777 View Post
Hi. Im new here. I have a pituitary tumor (functioning) that is destroying my quality of life! Im scared to get surgery, sick of taking more and more drugs, and Ill do just about anything to get healthy again and get my hormone levels back to normal so I can live a normal life, as well as have another baby. Anyone that can help tell me what hospital/programs,etc.(I now have no insurance) that would accept me and the risks vs. benefits...or anything that may be of help PLEASE contact me! Im losing hope, and CAN NOT LIVE LIKE THIS ANYMORE!!! Thanks to anyone in advance for responding. Robin
Hi,
I can imagine how you feel... did you already tried with Cabergoline or other dopamine-agonists? I'm not a fan of them at all, but surgery would be for me the last option. How big is your tumor? And your prolactin levels?
I also want my life back and I'm struggling with anxiety and depressive moods all the time, which are for me the worst symptoms of my pituitary disease. I'm afraid I can't really help you, but I feel with you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
(female)

Jul2 HB User
Re: Have Pituitary Tumor... Need Help,Advice,and Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by reves777 View Post

It's really sad that insurance companies don't realize that by not removing this tumour right away, bills will cost in the many thousands later from the offshooting deadly diseases. By the way, I know of two people who had theirs removed and know of one other whose mother had hers removed. Yes, the operations are dangerous, but if you go to a surgeon who has done a whole lot of them it's safer.

Last edited by Jul2; 03-03-2012 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Added data

The Following User Says Thank You to Jul2 For This Useful Post:
tonna72 (06-26-2012)
Reply Reply

Tags
hormonal imbalance, pituitary surgery, pituitary tumor, ttc