It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pituitary Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
(female)

Cindyx3 HB User
Unhappy Low TSH and normal T3 and T4

I am being told I am turning hyperthyroid, yet I have gained 15 pounds and I am exhausted. They lower my medication and I feel worse after a week. HELP!!!!! I don't get it??? Counld I have secondary hypothyroidism. The ultrasound shows that one side of my thyroid is smaller then the other? No explanation so anyone who gets this please reply. TY!

Old 04-10-2012, 10:56 AM   #2
(female)

Kiendra HB User
Re: Low TSH and normal T3 and T4

Hey,
Have you had you R3, AntiTPO and adrenals tested?

You might be converting some of your T3 into R3, which blocks the receptor site for the T3. Making you blood levels high in T3, which your body cant use because of the R3.

If you have AntiTPO's then you have Hasimotos thydrosis (which is what I have). Your immune system is attacking and killing off your thyroid gland. The fun part is that while your thyroid galnd will never recover from this, you will have bouts where it will try.. so you will go hyper for a bit then go back to being hypo.

If your adrenals are out and you arent producing enough cortisol, then it doesnt matter how much thyoid meds you are on. Cortisol is used by the body to trasport the thyroid hormones. If you dont have enough cortisol, the thyroid hormones will just hang around and show up high on your blood test. If you continue to increase your thyroid meds, the harder it is on your adrenals and it makes the loop worse.

This is all I can suggest from my experience. Hope it helps even a little!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply