It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pituitary Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
(female)

1kate1 HB User
Cushings without weight gain?

I have had 4 24-hour urine tests, lots of saliva and dexamethazone tests and they all come back positive for pituitary Cushings disease - but I have LOST weight, not gain it. Has anyone ever heard of this? I am frustrated at being dismissed by endo's because of my appearance despite my lab results.

Old 09-29-2012, 06:47 AM   #2
(female)

cjs59 HB User
Re: Cushings without weight gain?

I have the same problem. Over 3 years I did 34 - 24 hour UFC's, 15 midnight salivas, 10 hour UFC's, 17 hydroxycorticosteroid testing and all came back positive for Cushing's plus microadenoma on my pituitary. But the 5 different Endo's I went to said I didn't look Cushing's enough and therefore elevated cortisol wasn't bothering me.
I switched to Endo number 6 and he biopsied my thyroid and parathyroid. Aug 16 I had hashimoto/hurthle cell thyroid removed and a huge parathyroid adenoma removed and a delphian lymph node that had acquired Hashimoto removed.
I was told the hyperthyroid, my Hashi was hyper, and my parathyroid adenoma were the reason my cortisol was elevated but I didn't have cushing's symptoms, no weight gain.
I did my first 24 hour UFC since surgery yesterday. I haven't tested cortisol in over a year so it will be interesting to see if cortisol did drop after surgery.

The Following User Says Thank You to cjs59 For This Useful Post:
1kate1 (09-29-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2012, 07:41 AM   #3
(female)

1kate1 HB User
Re: Cushings without weight gain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs59 View Post
I have the same problem. Over 3 years I did 34 - 24 hour UFC's, 15 midnight salivas, 10 hour UFC's, 17 hydroxycorticosteroid testing and all came back positive for Cushing's plus microadenoma on my pituitary. But the 5 different Endo's I went to said I didn't look Cushing's enough and therefore elevated cortisol wasn't bothering me.
I switched to Endo number 6 and he biopsied my thyroid and parathyroid. Aug 16 I had hashimoto/hurthle cell thyroid removed and a huge parathyroid adenoma removed and a delphian lymph node that had acquired Hashimoto removed.
I was told the hyperthyroid, my Hashi was hyper, and my parathyroid adenoma were the reason my cortisol was elevated but I didn't have cushing's symptoms, no weight gain.
I did my first 24 hour UFC since surgery yesterday. I haven't tested cortisol in over a year so it will be interesting to see if cortisol did drop after surgery.
THANK YOU! I have already printed out your response and faxed it to my Endo... did you have problems with stomach discomfort? Heart racing? Acne?

Reply Reply