It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pituitary Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
(male)

tintop HB User
pituitary gland has stoped working

hi all,

just wanted to find somewhere i could seek some advice about the issues i have and the disorder i have been diagnosed with.

i want to start by saying i have been treated very poorly by the nhs, both my gp and the hospital.
i was finaly told what was wrong with me over the phone after my first test results went missing 3 months prior.

i was at first sent for a cat scan but i didnt have a tumour, at the end i was just told that the glad had stopped working and that i would need a testostorone replacement.

i started with a gel, after a few weeks the small effect that did have seamed to wear off so i was put onto injections, (nebido).

since i have started on the replacement theropy i havent had a blood test nor have i been offered or asked to go for one.

i have ups and downs, at the moment i feel quite low in myself and things are becoming more of a struggle for me, i called the hospital and my doctors and they told me that its not possible to have highs and lows while on injection replacement theropy.

what i would like to find out is what should of happened or what should be happening in regards to monnitoring my testostorone levels now i am taking a replacement?

i also suffer with my weight since being diagnosed, i have tryed diets etc but i cant seam to shift any weight, infact at one point i was eating less and gaining more than ever!

it was spoke about that i may get sent for a diabetis obesity blood test but iv never had anything sent to me about that as yet.

thanks in advance to anyone that helps, and sorry for the long first post

nathan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply