It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pituitary Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #1
(female)

Corgigirl83 HB User
Undergoing testing, confusing results

Hi all, I am a 29 yr old female, married, no kids. I have been battling Migraines for 21 years, and am on a slew of meds for them: Seasonle, Birth control, no periods, active pills 365 for 3 years. Noratryptiline 75 mg a day and Beta Blockers 75 mg a day, all for migraines. In the fall of 2009,my drs decided due to high Cholesterol, I needed to come off Birth Control, and it was a disaster. I felt awful, and had a constant heavy flow, Ovarian cysts, and other complications for 6 months, and then they put me on this cocktail, which has worked wonderfully and still is, on my Migraines and period issues. I have had symptoms of hypothyroidism for 2.5 years and I was dxed with Firbomyalgia 7 yrs ago. The last 6 months I have been feeling really well, higher sex drive, more energy, and just a better feeling in general. I had very low Vitamin D, and that was fixed within the last 6 months as well, which could have something to do with the better feeling.

Anyway, in Sept, I have my yearly blood work and exam with my general dr, and my TSH was high, 6.28 with .35-5.50 being normal. As usual, my cholesterol was high. He put me back on a Statin, which I had a BAD reaction to ( dark urine, pain in muscles, etc) I was on it about 3 weeks. MY sodium level was very high normal 141 when normal was up to 145, and I eat a low sodium diet due to swelling in the heat. Potassium was normal, but barely, at 4.9 and normal up to 5.1. Other than that, my blood work was great. SO... he told me to come back in 3 weeks for a retest. I didn't make it back until Oct. 31st, because of some major stress. On Oct 4th, my husband came to me and asked for a divorce, and we discussed it and we have been working on it, but I have been on an adrenaline roller coaster for the last 4 weeks, I could feel the adrenaline pumping, I wasnt eating, hyper all the time, etc. When I had the levels rechecked, my TSH was 6.88(.35-5.50) and T4 was 11.9 ( normal 4.5-10.9). My regular dr called yesterday and scared me, saying he is quite convinced I have a TSH-producing Pituitary Tumor and ordered an MRI simply based on high TSH and T4. I am seeing an Endocrine dr on Wed, and cant have the MRI until then bc the insurance said they needed more evidence. The dr had more blood work done today, he ordered a test for LH, LSH, and Prolactin. No T3, free T3, Free T4, etc.

I have also had a resurgence in Acne the last 3 months, and my skin is scaly/ dry as well. Nails are stronger than ever, and hair is silky and shiny now... confusing, huh?

here are my questions: Do these results match what happened to you when you were dxed?
Are there any specific tests besides the MRI I need or are recommended?

Could the high amount of intense stress have caused my Pituitary Gland to freak out and over compensate, any ideas? ( I also just finished my Masters on Oct 26th, run a dog rescue, have major money issues, and am taking care of 9 dogs at my house)

Thanks for any imput, I am freaking out a little now thinking about brain surgery.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply