It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pituitary Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #1
(female)

m1078744 HB User
Exclamation 3mm pituitary microadenoma-can it cause problems?

My neurologist had me get a MRI last Friday and was told on Monday that a small pituitary microadenoma was apparent in the scan. I wasn't told any details about it, only that I should follow-up with my endocrinologist. I have been treated for hypothyroidism for two years, so I am familiar with this doctor. When I consulted with her today, she said that it was 3mm and that it could even be a particle or a glitch.

She said that it most likely isn't the cause of the low grade fevers that I've been dealing with for three months. The neurologist thought that a pituitary tumor could cause them as it's located near the hypothalamus. I have been feeling extremely bad for quite a while now. I was really hoping for some kind of answer, some kind of cause for it. I have constant pain (I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia), stomach troubles that don't seem to have a cause, lots of unexplained weight gain, and my eyes are troubling me a lot when they hadn't before.

The endo wrote orders for bloodwork testing the pituitary hormones as well as means to collect a 24-hour urine sample to check cortisol levels. She said she doubted the microadenoma was causing problems but just wanted to cover the bases. I am very disheartened. I don't know what to do. If it's not causing the problems, then what is? Any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2014, 10:19 PM   #2
(female)

Traci33 HB User
Re: 3mm pituitary microadenoma-can it cause problems?

I just joined these boards

Seems to be lots of people posting questions and no one answering !!!

I decided to answer yours ... it may be a bit late, or maybe you are still having problems , so i may be able to help.

As far as Pituitary microadenoma's go, many people have one and never know about it as it doesnt cause any problems. These are called Non functioning Microadenoma's.

Anyone who has a hormone secreting microadenoma will eventually have symptoms and health issues.

You say you were doing Blood tests and a 24 hr urine.

What was the outcome of those tests?

If you have any more issues and want some help, respond and ill see if i can shed some light

No point me going on more here unless your still around and looking for answers

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
headache pressure pain, pain, pituitary tumor, weight gain