It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polio Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2006, 11:02 AM   #1
(female)

Terri Townley HB User
Anybody out there....

I had polio at the age of 2,(i'm 55 now) and it settled mostly on my right side. From the hip, and down. I just had gastric by-pass last Feb., now feeling wonderful. But I've noticed I am draging my right foot, something I use to do only when my foot was real cold. Of course now the circulation is not good either. Has any one else experienced this? I also find that if I fall, I have trouble getting up, even with the weight lost(100 lbs.).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2006, 07:44 PM   #2
(female)

Janet W. HB User
Re: Anybody out there....

Teri; Hi my name is Janet- I read your post- just joined this board. I had polio when I was 5 was dx'd- I am 50 now, they figured I was born with it. I had more of a mild case- in my left leg which was shorter and smaller than my right- so I remember wearing special shoes with the heel built up- I was luckier than most- did not have to wear a brace- it is kinda something you try and forget... For awhile now- about 10-15 years I have had trouble with my right leg, wereas after walking say around a mall- it would go stiff and numb- would have to stop and than later I would get spasms in that leg-
Well now I have neck shoulders, lower back problems- my hands go numb and I get tired easily.

Not sure how I read about PPS a couple of weeks ago- but I am conserned- I understand that after years of use and say abuse this virus we had most likely have done some damage- I am scared. Please respond and let me know if you have found out anymore info about yourself.

Peace
Janet

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread