It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polio Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2006, 08:03 PM   #1
(female)

Janet W. HB User
HELP-any polio survivors out there****

Hi all - are there any survivors out there???? Please respond- do not be shy- I always have been BUT we need to help each other. Help Please

Polio Survivor with some problems

Old 07-30-2006, 04:04 PM   #2
(female)

HEYKAY HB User
Re: HELP-any polio survivors out there****

Hi Janet - are you still looking for someone to talk to ? I've been looking for other pps. Im the only one Know. Just need some input on health issues. Seem to be falling apart all at once.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2006, 04:38 PM   #3
(female)

Janet W. HB User

Hi Kay;

I haven't checked this board out I am still here and yes, I had polio as a child. What would you like to know? I have been on this dang computer trying to find more info- I have gotten some- but this site seems to be slow at responses from polio survivors...Maybe cause they don't realize it exists.

Janet

Old 08-06-2006, 03:10 PM   #4
(female)

HEYKAY HB User

Hi Janet - was just wandering if anyone has had a heart attack - besides myself. had mine in april. ldl was 115. Whole new set of problems. high blood sugar. Never had before. am also having some kind of spams of the esophagus. taking atvan for anxiety.

I have found some helpful information at this website Englewood Hospital & Medical Center. Click the post polio letter. opens up a section of pps.

Old 08-06-2006, 06:25 PM   #5
(female)

Janet W. HB User
Talking Re: HELP-any polio survivors out there****

Thanks Kay, I have read the doctor Bruno info- there is alot there. I even sent him an e-mail and got a reply- that I could come to NJ and be tested, etc. for $1,000 - I no longer have health insurance at this time and there unfortunately is no way I could make that journey. I am married to a serious ill man in need of a transplant that has been on the list for 2-1/2" years now.

So at least I got a reply- just have to see what comes down the road -day by day.

Take Care
Janet

Old 08-07-2006, 01:01 PM   #6
(male)

JD John HB User

Hi All

I had mild case of polio at age 2 in 1955
brief history...

I recovered good enuf to spend a 4 year hitch in the Army at age 21, lied on the medical appl. and health history. Muscle and joint pain, yes occassionally but not without cause, yes I might work too much and push myself too hard as "they" say. I'd rather die with sweat on my brow and callouses on my hands than bed sores on my butt

five strokes in the last 20 years most recent 03/08/2005 PPS who knows, I have a maternal family history of stroke, so probably/maybe not.

No retinal hemmohraging, but within the last 4 yrs have developed Angiod streaks and Maculopathy, have very poor low light vision, do not drive at night and have eyes that are slow to adjust for changes in visual conditions(bright to dim light and vise versa) My eye Dr says my vision prblms are related to my overall health condition (whatever that means)

Closed Thread