It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polio Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2006, 06:05 AM   #1
(female)

HEYKAY HB User
Need input

Is anyone having musculiar spasms of the esophagus and/or the stomach? If so what are you doing for this problem?

This started being a problem for me after a heart attack in Arpil. I wonder if anxiety plays a roll in this.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:11 AM   #2
(female)

Janet W. HB User
Re: Need input

Hi Kay;

Anxiety plays a big role in how we feel- I have Anxiety disorders and cannot deal with stress anymore... I get Panic attacks and I think alot of what has happened to me is alot to do with stress. I have IBS which is do to stress. I do not get spasms in my esophagus, but I do have spasms and pain in my neck and shoulders- I take flexeril for the spasms.

My IBS is all about what I eat, and if I get stressed out- watch out... I would talk to a doctor about the spasms they probably would want to do a CT scan or scope... not sure. Good luck to you. Do you have a MD? I do but since I don't have health insurance anymore can't afford the tests I need so for now SOL I guess.

I do see my chiro tomorrow- goin ask him if he can do some X-rays of my neck & shoulders. The pain & spasms are getting worse- yesterday I spent most of the day in bed- that is not me..

Janet

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2006, 01:01 PM   #3
(female)

HEYKAY HB User

Hi Janet - Glad to know someone is out there.

Im on ssd and have supplment ins. So im covered. I think my problem is mostly anxiety and stress.

You have got to check out this website - if you don't know about it.
[url]www.polio.dyndns.org\polio\index.html[/url]. Some were on there today a read that pps shouldn't use flexeril. I've use it for over a year -- I can't remeber exactly what it said. I used it for inflammation in my spine. when the spasms started I took it again - but didn't help this time.

If at all possible you need to see a nerogest. I've had the pain in neck thing - Hope you get to feeling better.

Old 08-13-2006, 12:35 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

mkwll7 HB User

hey,
i have md and flexeril didn't help, neither did other meds i've used. I just started a post on things that help md on the muscular dystrophy board . the things i use from that post work awesome and stress is way down.

other things for stress
ashwanda herb
valerian root

i don't need those because the other things work for me

Last edited by mkwll7; 08-14-2006 at 05:04 PM.

Closed Thread