It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polio Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2006, 12:28 PM   #1
(female)

Janet W. HB User
Not sure but sure acts like PPS

Hi - I am a polio survivor. Was DX'D with polio when I was 5 years old- I had polio in my left leg and doctors said I was born with it... I was luckier than most - i had to wear special orthodonic shoes with 1 heel higher that outside.

Doctors said I should outgrow, which I always excelled to the best I could..
Have been having alot of symptoms which are scarry and somehow I found info. on polio survivors- Have not been diag. with PPS- but alot of the symptoms, I have had for awhile and noticably have noticed this last year has gotten worse.

Please help- give me advice
My name is Janet, I am 50 years older and very concerned about this matter.

Old 07-04-2006, 05:26 PM   #2
(female)

greatesthoax HB User
Re: Actual diagnosis of PPS

Hi Janet, I am so sorry for you're suffering, I don't have any real advice for you as yet,I am going to research online to try and find something of value to you. What is pps? As you say you are having symptoms that are scarey then you should think about getting some help for these maybe from a trusted holistic practioner,homeopath etc or at least go to a doctor for a diagnosis, you can always get a second opinion. I hope you will find some way of finding some sort of peace of mind.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2006, 05:31 PM   #3
(female)

greatesthoax HB User
Re: Actual diagnosis of PPS

Ah these post were confusing me have sussed the pps now, this sounds dreadful and there must be some sort of relief available for these symptoms,I shall research and get back to you.

Old 08-20-2006, 09:30 PM   #4

pasoca HB User
Thumbs up Re: Not sure but sure acts like PPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet W.
Hi - I am a polio survivor. Was DX'D with polio when I was 5 years old- I had polio in my left leg and doctors said I was born with it... I was luckier than most - i had to wear special orthodonic shoes with 1 heel higher that outside.

Doctors said I should outgrow, which I always excelled to the best I could..
Have been having alot of symptoms which are scarry and somehow I found info. on polio survivors- Have not been diag. with PPS- but alot of the symptoms, I have had for awhile and noticably have noticed this last year has gotten worse.

Please help- give me advice
My name is Janet, I am 50 years older and very concerned about this matter.
hey, i am in the same boat as you are, the shoes, braces, exercises etc. my left leg is also shorter, foot shorter., you need to go get a shoe lift, get doctors to put down post polio on their diagnosis report. all of our symptoms are there they just don't want to look. I also have cirrosisis of lliver, osteoarthrits, nerves, depression etc., but that has been a life thing, with depression and all, inherited. keep hanging in there. it took me almost 6 years but finally got disabillity, i knew something was wrong but just had to let them agree. good luck

Old 08-21-2006, 07:07 PM   #5
(female)

Janet W. HB User
Wink Re: Actual diagnosis of PPS

Thanks for your post. My doctor knows I had polio in the past. I was diag. with severe depression and anxiety disorders. Have been out of work since last year- do not have health ins. anymore and having a hard time finding something I can afford even. Anyways, I know about the special shoes- and I know the pain is real. Started going to a chiro so he can help get me some relief. I am starting college to be re-trained with help of vocational people- I applied for SSDI back in June- haven't heard anything yet- but won't give up.

Sorry to hear about your illnesses, my hub is on a transplant list- he has end stage liver disease and also is very ill. Take care of yourself- it can be a real bummer but look to god and prayer, I do with the hub...

Bless
Janet

Old 08-28-2006, 09:19 AM   #6
(female)

Margaret Greene HB User
Smile Re: I am a polio survivor.

Hi my name is Maggie, I too am a polio survivor, just found this site today and signed up, at the moment i am bed bound as i fell and did some damage, and as i have very bad healing power in my left leg which is the affected one, i developed ulcers. which only rest will heal. i find it so hard as i am a really active person. i was diagnosed with pps two yrs ago, but i have learned to manage it quiet a bit. some days are worse then others. got to take it easier now, which is hard.

Old 09-03-2006, 06:27 PM   #7
(female)

Janet W. HB User
Re: I am a polio survivor.

Hi - I have not been dx'd yet - but working my way towards that way. So sorry to hear you fell-take care of yourself, that is important. Do you still work?

Be well Janet

Closed Thread