It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polio Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2007, 09:48 AM   #1
(female)

quilterflk HB User
New here, and glad to find a message board

Hello, I am so happy to find a message board on PPS. I have looked in so many sites with only dead ends.
I hope not to bore anyone here but do have a myriad of diagnosis including, anxiety, Gerd, PPS, FM, CPS, IBS, PTSD, MFS, etc., etc.
Back, knees, elbow joints, now trigger thumbs, you name it. Ouch. I know I am not alone; not complaining, just want to understand why all this hits when life should be good; I am retired.
My husband has COPD/asthma, emphysema, etc. so we have a double dose of health issues at our house.
Thanks for listening. L.

Last edited by quilterflk; 11-13-2007 at 09:51 AM. Reason: bad sentence composition

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2007, 11:59 AM   #2
(male)

binaryboots HB User
Re: New here, and glad to find a message board

just to say hi im new to these message boards too theres not alot of chat going on i check boards daily theres never any body on when im on there is a time differance when im on binaryboots

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2007, 03:27 PM   #3
(female)

quilterflk HB User

Yes, hello to you also. There really isn't much going on here. I wonder why? I am sure there are a lot of us out there, but maybe our aches and pains are too similar to other chronic ailments.
I know that I have been battling Fibromyalgia, or have I? I am questioning the diagnosis more and more. I do know though that my Provigil, Lyrica, and Requip are life savers as far as aches, pains, etc. The antidepressant doesn't help as much, but I am grateful that I also have it.
Thanks for the reply and maybe we can generate a little chatter here somehow. L.

Old 11-19-2007, 04:57 AM   #4
(male)

binaryboots HB User

hi thanks for reply ,i dont usely take pills so i dont know the names or what they do but a friend suggested i took glucosamine sulphate for my joint pain has anyone heard of this doing any good he said it takes a while to kick in . all the best BOOTS.

Old 11-21-2007, 08:36 PM   #5
(female)

Janet W. HB User
Red face Re: New here, and glad to find a message board

Hi, so sorry to hear about being dx'd with all those illnesses- my prayers go out to you. Dealing with PPS can be horrible enough. I do not take the same meds but I do take 2 diff, blood pressure meds, Zoloft, Xanax, Vicodin and Flexeril when I have spasms.

The pain can be just awful and it is so hard to explain it to the ones that do not have what we have. So I try not to complain, only to my hub who also is disabled- he tries to understand

Old 11-22-2007, 05:04 PM   #6
(female)

quilterflk HB User

Thanks so much for the reply. I have had so few places to look and hope this one becomes more active. I know there are thousands of us that are looking just to talk. I think maybe I should get some kind of group going here in my home town. That might not be such a bad idea.
Thanks again....L

Old 11-24-2007, 04:32 PM   #7
(female)

Janet W. HB User

Glad you are aboard- and it sounds like a great idea to get something going within your hometown- I have thought of that myself but I also have a very ill husband whom I am his caregiver as he needs it. Lately I think he has been my caregiver

the best to you- keep posting sooner or later this board will speed up.
Hugs Janet

Old 04-14-2008, 08:32 AM   #8
(female)

eileen1 HB User
Question Re: New here, and glad to find a message board

Hi i am also from England maybe we could have a chat I had polio in my right leg i am now 54 . Hope you can get back to me usualy look on this site every couple of days or so love xx

Old 04-14-2008, 08:35 AM   #9
(female)

eileen1 HB User
Question Re: New here, and glad to find a message board

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryboots View Post
just to say hi im new to these message boards too theres not alot of chat going on i check boards daily theres never any body on when im on there is a time differance when im on binaryboots
hi iam from England maybe we could chat to one another x

Old 04-14-2008, 09:55 AM   #10
(male)

ronnie53 HB User
Lightbulb Re: New here, and glad to find a message board

Hi janet cheryl, and quilterflk, It dose seem to hit us at a time when we can start enjoying life again. Now so many of us are back to square one or worse.
When we all got polio the real damage was done right then and there. It's seems that like the trees in winter they are dormant no life seems to be there, but when spring somes well they come to life. That seems what has happened to us years later. The polio never went anywhere although some would disagree with me on that. The damage done by polio was always there we never saw or felt it coming on. Now as we get older our bodys start to wear down, and the nerve endings are weaker or just not there anymore. The stress of everyday life take more out of us that someone who never had polio. All we can do now is to take of our engery that we have, time to slow down and try to enjoy life one day at a time. Just remember listen to your on body I know it's painful at time and just about all the time. But we can control what we do, how much, and know when it is enough. As janet has already said welcome aboard. Ronnie

Closed Thread