It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polio Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2007, 09:31 AM   #1
(female)

quilterflk HB User
Where Is Everyone????

I am kind of disappointed in results of my postings. I have searched everywhere for a pps message board and I thought I would see tons of postings finally. There is no activity and that makes me very sad.

Is there any way to get the news out that your board exists. The postings are wonderful and what I have read have been VERY helpful and consoling to me.

Just wanted to touch base and see if there was any way to get more people active in this site. I know we are out there, where are we?
Lorraine

Last edited by moderator2; 11-24-2007 at 04:10 PM.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:55 AM   #2
(male)

binaryboots HB User
Re: Where Is Everyone????

hi there it seems theres people their but they dont say much all they have to say is hi im hear your not alone BOOTS

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2007, 07:26 PM   #3
(female)

Janet W. HB User

Lorraine - Hi, I do check this web site every now and then- It is not as active as it could be, I agree. I am here and please feel free to post .. I have been having difficulties with PPS more so in the last couple of months so sorry I have not been as active as I would like.

Hugs and Happy Thanksgiving Janet

Old 11-24-2007, 10:17 AM   #4
(female)

quilterflk HB User

PPS is SO real but no one (doctors) wants to or can help us without a little more work on their part. I know there is a wonderful dr. in Billings, Mt. but I am in that 'just before medicare' age and have no insurance, can't get it, couldn't afford it if I could get it! So, for now, it is a hurry up and wait for age 65 for me to seek actual help. My psychiatrist is in tune with my pps and he has prescribed meds that have really helped. If I don't take them for a couple days, I will pay for it with every bone, muscle, nerve, you get the idea. I live in a state where at least I can get help with my depression at a very nominal fee and that also makes me eligible for low or no cost meds for the pps treatments. Anyway, I thank God for small favors, every day.
And thank you for your post and reply. Happy holidays and best wishes, Lorraine.

Last edited by moderator2; 11-24-2007 at 04:10 PM. Reason: please do not ask members to post against the rules

Old 11-24-2007, 03:47 PM   #5
(female)

Janet W. HB User

Lorraine - Are you not on SSDI? I am 51 and finally won my case for SSDI- would not have happened without this wonderful Dr. and unfortunately being dx'd with PPS- I am lucky if I can stay doing daily routines- getting dressed tires me easily on most days. But will not give up- just trying to learn to slow down. What about Medicaid? You should be able to qualify for something, especially if you are lower income(But I know last year no insurance and did not qualify for health insurance because my Hub made too much on SSDI) -

Glad you found this site- let me know if I can be any help. I read alot about Polio and PPS, since doctors are hard to find, my reg. doctor is working with me and I give her little bits and pieces to read if she would like so far she takes the copies- whether she reads, well we will see- HA!

God Bless Janet

Last edited by moderator2; 11-24-2007 at 04:11 PM.

Closed Thread