It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polio Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2008, 04:46 PM   #1
(female)

Janet W. HB User
Post Polio Doctors/Clinic-Cheryl

[Hi Cheryl- I have a name of a medical doctor located in Chesterfield MO. - Not sure how close you are but here it is Martin B. WiceMD at St. John's Mercy Rehab. Hosp. I hope this may help..

Hugs Janet

Last edited by moderator2; 02-23-2008 at 05:56 AM. Reason: do not post phone numbers - please read the rules

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2008, 03:05 AM   #2
(female)

tazkc1 HB User
Re: Post Polio Doctors/Clinic-Cheryl

hi janet...wow,thank you...dont know where chesterfield missouri is,but i'll go check it out on maps...i sure appreciate you doing this too...

Last edited by moderator2; 02-23-2008 at 05:56 AM. Reason: posted commercial website

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2008, 06:38 PM   #3
(female)

Janet W. HB User

Cheryl - Hope it works out for you... Let me know, ok?

Hugs Janet

Last edited by moderator2; 02-24-2008 at 07:08 PM.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:01 PM   #4
(female)

crochetqueen HB User

hey Janet, Cheryl, anybody! Been trying to keep up but have had a terrible couple of weeks. Went and seen the neww orthopedic and just loved him. He asked if I had every had a steriod shot in my kneecap. Of course I hadn't and he said it should relieve the burning in my knee. I was a little scared. Imagine that, after 20 or more surgeries. It wasn't bad at all and almost instantly when I put weight on my knee after I had come home and took the brace off, I didn't have the burning. Problem is, its so bad in my other knee that its hard to tell much difference. I do think overall tho it has helped my pain level. He also wants me to think about taking a Boniva IV pack that lasts 3 months for my osteoporosis. He said it was really bad and we need to do something to slow down the process. My other new pain, he seems to think its a siatic(?) nerve caused by my back knee. Anyway I tried to put it all out of my mind and went to a baby shower Sat. and a murder mystery play at our local University on Sun. with a chinese lunch threw in. Believe me I payed for it today. Hope all is well with everyone, as well as can be expected. Tomorrow is a new day with its own challenges. Love you all, Phyllis

Old 03-04-2008, 01:05 PM   #5
(female)

Janet W. HB User

Tomorrow is a new day with its own challenges.

Phyllis, I heard the shots can help alot- at least for awhile... Anything to get rid of that pain and burning... I recently took a fall outside and have been in more pain than before it has been over a week and I think I did some more damage- we will see. I go back to the doctors in a couple of weeks and will get X-Rays...

I have notice my Polio leg between my hip and knee area burning terribly- hard to explain almost feels like it is on fire under the skin... that is where I have the muscle atrophy- so we will see.. At least nothing broke..

Glad to have you back, Phyllis- hope you are resting- I am trying to more and more lately.
Love & Hugs Janet

Closed Thread