It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polio Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2008, 08:02 AM   #1
(male)

ronnie53 HB User
Thumbs up Spring Time

Hi to everyone janet,cheryl and all, I love spring just knowing that summer is just around the bend. Warm weather is good for all of us that have pps. Spring is a time when everything begins to come alive I just love to see all the trees, flowers and everything blooming. It is also a time that we try to get over the winter. My wife and I like going to Fla. and we try to go at least twice a year (when it's warm), this may sound funny to a lot of you, but I love the sun and the ocean, not just the beauty but when we go the first thing i do is go in the ocean. I can't explain how it works but after spending hrs. in it and then setting in the sun on the beach it's almost like some type of calm. Believe it or not when I am there I don't have to take as much pain med. as I do when we are home. As i sit here I am reminded of a story a friend to me once about a eagle. It was off the coast of Alabama, there was a storm on day with winds about 75 mph, and gust of 120 mph. A eagle was caught in a powerful gust that sent her into a phone pole that had a long rod sticking out and the eagle was was blown into it. While my friend was down there at that time the local police called him and told him what had happened. He went there as fast as he could, to try and help rescuse this eagle. They found a man who was a tree climber and he was willing to help. They all thought the eagle was dead, but what they soon learned that while the man was climbing up the pole that eagle was working he way off of the rod. Just as the man was about to reach her she fell to the ground. She lay there lifeless for a while, but she started moving. Weak from loosing a lot of blood she made it to her feet and started toward the ocean. She finialy made it after about 20 min. She layed down in the ocean for about* 30 min. then waldde back to the beach. Once again she made her way back to the ocean and again layed there for about another 30 min. After coming back to the beach stood there for a few min. she began to run and she took off. Still weak she could only fly just above the waves. Seagulls began to storm her hitting her in the head try to kill the weak eagle. Trying to make it back to the little island she came from, But the seagulls were determend to stop her. On this island is a big rock, my friend thought that eagle mind was if I can just make it to that rock I will be ok. Now there were about 15 seagulls trying to stop her but she kept on going, not able to defend herself she just kept flaping her wings as hard as she could. About half way there and it looked like she wasn't going to make it, with the seagulls attacking her. Now on this island were about 25 eagles beside her. As my friend stood on the shore watching her trying with every bit of strength she had, he thought she will never make it with the seagulls attacking her. Right then when she was almost home out of the blue clear sky 3 eagles took of like jets and when they got to her they destroyed all those seagulls in a matter of seconds, then flew by her side until she made it home, there is a type of healing in Gods ocean. The moral of this story is to show how one of Gods creatures take care of their own. We are not alone in this struggle we care for one another just like the mighty eagle we may have our limits, but we can sore with eagles. We to are special people not because of pps, but inspite of it. God didn't give us polio but has been there to help us along this road. Maybe he knew that we could handle it and would be able to help one another. We may be weak in body,but we are powerful in spirit. Stay strong and let's help one another after all we are the only one that can.
Hope every one has a great day, and remember in helping others we help ourselves as well. Ronnie

Last edited by ronnie53; 04-13-2008 at 10:00 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2008, 01:18 PM   #2
(female)

Janet W. HB User
Re: Spring Time

Ronnie - Beautiful and very touching story.. Thanks for sharing that- makes living all that much better. You are so right, we can help each other.

Hugs Janet
I live in the state of NY- the cold this year has been a bear to thee ole body- so I had to go on stronger pain meds. Hoping the warmer weather and a PC will help.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:48 AM   #3
(female)

crochetqueen HB User

Ronnie, Talk about loving spring! Got a funny story. Friday after about a week of rain, I just needed to get out and get some air. My brain doesn't work to good either these days and I should have known it would be muddy out. But hardheaded me decided to clean out my hosta bed. So off I go in my PC. Had a bucket ofwater and brush to clean my wheels before I came back in the house. My husband had just left in his truck so I was here by myself. Another reason my brain don't work so good. Everything was fine till I got ready to turn around in the yard and come up the ramp to the porch. You guessed it, I marred up in the mud on my right wheel. I was just spinning my wheels packing more mud in. Then I realized I needed to take the brakes off and push it out. One side released easy but the other side wouldn't and you cannot budge that thing with those brakes on. I had my cell but to embarressed to call anyone. Finally the brake let go and I had to physically get out, hold on to the chair good, get behind it and it surprisingly pushed out pretty easy. The rest of the afternoon was spent cleaning mud off the tires. Had to go to a funeral and Wal-Mart Saturday so I was exhausted yesterday. Do we ever learn? Hope every one has a good week as I am still recovering from theweek-end. lol Phyllis

Old 04-14-2008, 09:04 AM   #4
(male)

ronnie53 HB User

Hi Phyllis: Looks like you might have to get mud grip tires for your chair lol. Nope we don't seem ever to learn, I'm just as hardheaded as I ever was. Still try to do things I know I should not and end up paying for it lol. Life gose on hope you are doing ok. Have a good day: Ronnie

Closed Thread